Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Cheryl’s POV

I looked up at Kim who was looking at me expectantly, I was struggling, I didn’t know how to tell her and I was beginning to freak out. Would she still want me if she knew… ‘Well…’ I began, ‘the thing is, I obviously went through some stuff in LA and I just thought you should know EVERYTHING before we start things properly’ I spoke slowly. Kim took my hand and squeezed it gently to let me know it was ok, I didn’t have to tell her but I needed too if I wanted us to work.

‘Well it’s a few things not just one but just let me speak, no interuptions and then you can say whether you still want to be with me’ I sighed before looking down at the table. Kim just nodded and sat there patiently waiting for me to begin. I got into some heavy stuff in LA, a lot of drinking but also drug taking and sex and stuff’ I said slowly without looking at her once. It got so bad that I used to just leave Kara at Nadines or a neighbours or friends house whilst I went out and just drank myself into a stupor. I was hospitalised several times because of drinking too much or overdosing on drugs. I had a lot of one night stands with random guys or girls that I met out on a night out, most of which I cant even remember their name’ I sighed before continuing; ‘Even worst I slept with Emily more than once…’ I cringed before finally looking up at her face. ‘When, how many times?’ She queried, ‘a few times, I cant remember exactly, only once while we were together I swear Kimba, she just visited me in LA a few times and we would go out, get p!ssed and have sex, it meant nothing and I was single’ I cried. 

Kim looked like she didn’t know what to say, didn’t know whether to believe me, ‘so basically, what you are telling me is that you have remained f*** buddies with the girl you cheated on me with?! Was our break up not enough? When was the last time you slept with her? Are you still seeing her?’ Kim yelled. ‘It wasn’t like that’ I yelled. ‘What WAS it like then Cheryl because im really struggling here and Are you? You still didn’t answer my f***ing question’ Kim screamed. 

I looked at Kim, ‘The last time was like a week before I came here’ I cried. ‘So is she still on speed dial, keeping your options open’ Kim questioned. ‘No, Ive told her its over, I told her the day I saw you again! I love you so much Kimberley, I wouldn’t do that again, Im happy for the first time in 10 years and for the first time in years I am actually willing to see someone and talk to someone about my problems and that’s all because of you’ I yelled back in response.

I put my head in my hands as I continued to cry when suddenly I heard her voice again; ‘Anyone else you’ve slept with that I should know about’. I took a deep breath before looking towards her and saying the one name that I knew would break her heart, ‘Nadine’.

Kim’s POV

‘You what?’ I asked before staring at her. To say I was shocked was an understatement. Nadine was supposed to be my friend; she was supposed to have been there taking care of Cheryl and looking after her because of her depression. All the times I spoke to Nadine over the phone and asked her how Cheryl was and NOT once did she mention that she had sh**ged her! ‘It was just the once, we came home drunk after a night out and I told her she could stay over, I went up to bed and asked her to stay with me because I felt myself slipping back into my depression, I needed her there and one thing lead to another’ Cheryl cried. ‘So basically she took advantage of your depressed state’ I yelled. I was fuming at Nadine for doing this to her, to me. ‘No, it wasn’t like that, it was so awkward the next day and neither of us spoke to eachother for like 4 days, probably the longest ive gone without speaking to her since moving to LA. After that we just spoke about it and we forgot all about it and remained best friends, we havnt looked back since’ Cheryl continued.

I didn’t know what to say, its one thing doing with a stranbger or even Emily but Nadine. I was shocked and confused. I didn’t know what to say. ‘Is that all’ I mumbled. She nodded before looking up at me. ‘I love you Kimberley, So much, Im sorry! I just thought you needed to know’ she sniffed. I just nodded and stared at her for what seemed like ages. I looked down at the table and took a moment out of our conversation to just think. I eventually look up and wipe my tears before getting up and walking over to her. I sit on her lap and wrap my arms around her neck before figuring out what to say. ‘I love you Chez, I want to be with you but we really need to work on this and be honest with eachother and im glad you are finally getting help’ I whisper before leaning to kiss her gently.