Chapter 1

Octoling's point of view:

Slowly things started to blur into view. "About time you woke up!" said a voice. Everything in a flash cleared up and I saw that I was in a room. There was a window next to the bed I was laying on. There was a desk on the other side of the room. There were lots of posters on the wall. Then last, a boy Inkling, leaning on the wall. He had blue eyes and pale skin. He looked at me with stern eyes. I was a bit scared. "Who are you and why were you knocked in Kelp Dome?" asked the boy. My head was spinning, I don't remember anything. "Ummm....." I started to answer and stopped. "Yes?" the boy trying to push answers out of me. I tried to remember, but I couldn't. Then, I remembered my name. "My name is....... Samantha, but I'm called Sam to most. And I don't remember a lot past that......" the boy's gaze soften. "Do you know what you are and where you belong?" I answered "I'm an Octoling and I came from Octovalley.... Wait, who are you and why do you want to know this stuff? Also, remember that Octolings and Inklings are know to be enemy's, so why did you save me?" The boy looked surprised by sudden outburst, than slowly answered "I'm Jason and I couldn't just stand around and watch or leave something to die no matter what it is." "How did you get me into your house without getting caught with me?" I asked, wanting to know how I'm here. "I..... umm....... pulled some clothes over you and whenever someone asked me why I'm carrying you, I told them you were knocked out in a turf war and I was helping you, and luckily, they didn't ask a question past that. And yeah......." Jason answered awkwardly. "You dressed me in some clothes and carried me to your house. Is that what I'm hearing?" I asked. "Yeah, basically." I sighed. I knew this was going to be a long day.