Chapter 25

Sam's view:

So it turns out the squid sisters are agents 1 and 2, which is useful! We were blasting through the octolairs trying to find Jason, and after many lairs, we enter a boss kettle. And there waiting was... "Jason!" I shouted. He turned, he was wearing weird glasses, and he seemed... not himself. "You came." He said "Leave now!" and pulls out an octoshot. We were all shocked. What was he doing?! Then I remembered a conversation I overheard when I was sitting at the local octoling cafè...

-flashback-

I was sitting sipping coffee, preparing for another long day when I heard some rumors for the table in front me containing four octolings. One who was wearing work wear and had purple tentacles, one with blue tentacles and fighting wear, and a kid with black and green tentacles wearing normal everyday clothes. The blue tentacled and purple tentacled ones spoke saying "Did you hear?" "You mean that an Inkling is invad-" "No, everyone knows about that! They are making a new invention in the labs!" "Omg really?" the little kid said in a shy voice "w-what are they planning now... hopefully nothing too destructive..." the other two responded "its not going to be a bomb" "But it will help us win against the inklings!" "It's like these hypnosis glasses, right?" "Yeah! They only need an inkling to test it out on." "Cool!" "But..." one of the octolings sighed "sadly it's being used as a "last resort" thing... I mean, what a waste... those could have easily granted us victory...." The kid looked worried. I'm guessing she is one of the very few octolings who didn't want a war against inklings. No use trying to change anything though... After all, we stole the zapfish, so no way inklings will ever let us on the surface again...

-present-

"SAM! SNAP OUT OF IT!" Narla was shouting at me. I pulled myself back into reality. So what's making Jason on their side was the glasses... but wasn't it supposed to be used as a last resort? That didn't matter, Jason was standing there holding his ground. "I SAID LEAVE!" he shouted again. Sky was looking around, and I heard her whisper "There is something else" My blood ran cold. Trying to get the glasses off Jason might have been hard but manageable, since there are more of us, but I couldn't help but think about the huge mech dj octov is known to have. Is it here too? I looked toward agents 1 and 2 only to see that they are gone. Just perfect. Suddenly the lights flashed on and the great zapfish was at the top of the room... we were in a huge room and octolings were in the outer-stands. The room was like a battling stage used for ink war and above us was the giant mech... "You should have left when you had the chance." said Jason and the exit slammed closed. This was going to be a long battle whether we are ready or not...

(Hey everyone! Skythehedgehog here! I recently moved so things have been stressful then school started! Sorry for the long wait. Hope you liked the chapter! Skythehedgehog flying out!)