Chapter 7

Inkling's point of view: 

She asked me about my parents, and I told her about them. She seemed guilty about asking about them. I guess I understand. I was walking with the groceries my sister made me go get. I also bought Sam a little something to cheer her up. To show her I don't mind about talking about my parents. To show how happy I am to have have her around. And more reasons. I got home and put the groceries on the table. Then I went upstairs into the room with my gift. "Hey Sam!" I called. She looked at me happily, glad to see me. Then I said "I want to give you something." Her eyes lit up in surprise. "Here...." I pulled out a squid girl outfit and gave it to Sam. She examined it and said "Thank you so much!" And she went to put it on right away. After she put it on, she came to show me. "How do I look?" She asked. My breath was taken away. She looked so..... cute! "You look cute in that outfit!" I said. She smiled the said "Thanks! I like it! I'm going to wear it often!" I smiled back. I'm glad she likes the gift. I was afraid that she'd wouldn't like it. Then she hugged me, saying "I've almost never had any be this nice to me. Thank you!" I blushed a little then said "No problem." then hugged her back. Then I heard my sister shout "Jason!" "Coming." I responded. I turned to Sam "I've got to go. See you soon!" "Ok." She said and went to play games. I went down to my sister to see what she needed. "Surprise!" She shouted. She made my favorite meal, chicken and rice with a side of mash potatoes and gravy and a salad. She also baked a chocolate cake for me. "I thought we might celebrate your good grades!" "Where's Jake?" I asked. "He won't be joining us due to his bad grades!" She answered. "But don't get me wrong, I already feed him." We ate the food and cake. I asked if I can bring the leftovers to my room and eat them there, in which she said yes. I brought the food to my room. "Yo Sam! I brought food! Want some!" Her eyes lit up at the sight of the food. We ate and talked together for a long time. Then we had to go to bed. Each day got better and better everyday she was around! I like having her around! She made my life a lot better and easier in a special way!