Wings

"Takaaaa, where are you?"

Koshka called out to her fox team mate as she emerged from the tall bushes. Although it's safer this morning because of the extra set of minions patrolling on the field, the feline tiptoed as she scanned the jungle. Last night they were ambushed by Catherine and her team who paraded their new recruit; an odd heavily built reptilian blowing bubbles through a pipe—carrying a huge anchor as his weapon which he swung around in last night's battle, almost crushing Koshka and Petal.

As Koshka ventured further into the jungle, she spotted a familiar blue flame that burned a rose bush beneath the wide acacia tree. She walked towards it and looked above, and there in between the hollow of the tree surrounded by thick branches, the immortal dragon seraphim rested. His wings were tucked away as he leaned against the thickest branch.

"Adagio! Have you seen Taka?" Koshka asked.

The winged male did not respond but instead gazed down at her with an obvious bored expression. Koshka swiftly climbed up the tree and sat on a branch near Adagio. "Hellooo? Are you awake or are you sleeping with eyes open?" the girl curiously asked, her head tilting and shifting from side to side as she tried to study him.

"You are disturbing my sleep." Adagio replied, his voice domineering as always.

"Am I?" the feline asked with dead malice. "I'm looking for Taka, Ardan needs to talk to him. Have you seen him?"

Adagio did not answer once again. Instead, his wings began to stretch and spread out to its full span. The seraphim lazily flapped his glistening wings through the air, tempting the feline nearby who eyed it closely. Koshka watched as Adagio flew away from the tree and hovered in the air, yawning widely.

"Ooh I know! Can you fly higher to look for Taka?"

"I will not fly higher and waste my energy looking for a little amnesic fox," Adagio spoke. "besides, isn't he your lover? You should be the one searching."

Koshka's face flushed into a deep red. "He is not my boyfriend!" she yelled and leaped from the branch which she sat on and landed on her feet. Adagio followed and floated down without letting his feet touch the ground, amusement filled his pale face. The blushing feline folded her arms across her chest and crouched down, her mechanical claws dangled on her sides. "What are you doing here anyway? Shouldn't you be in the base healing the minions?"

Adagio smirked at her reaction. "That green little rodent is filling the grounds with those things called munions and brambleboom seeds. I couldn't breathe," he said and gazed down at Koshka. "Now I have an idea of what Krul feels." he kid.

Koshka shook her head at his joke. "That rodent you call is named Petal, not rodent." she said and eyed his wings that shone brighter under the sunlight. Whenever she see his wings her feline senses kick in, and it was getting hard to suppress her want to play with it.

"Whatever her name is." Adagio said.

"You're extra mean and really not helpful right now you know." Koshka complained. She uncrossed her arms and retracted her huge claws into her mechanical arm weapon. She dug through the knapsack that once hung on her back and produced a bundle of land mines then began walking away from Adagio. The dragon seraphim quietly followed—lazily floating above ground with arms crossed.

"Why are you following me?" Koshka questioned as she placed a land mine on the ground, activating it.

Adagio did not answer, only the sound of his wings paddling the air was heard. The two continued to set up the explosives from the jungle down to the minion mines. A little later on Koshka ran out of land mines to set up and had decided to look for the highest tree she could climb to survey the field.

"Where on earth is Taka?" Koshka sighed, looking around for a more suitable tree.

"He's nearby." Adagio spoke. "You worry too much about your lover." he chuckled.

Koshka stopped on her tracks and crinkled her nose, hiding her blush and making her sharp canine teeth peek from her lips. "I thought you stopped following me?" she asked.

"Who said I was following you?" Adagio denied.

"If you weren't then how come you're here?" Koshka argued.

"I wanted to see the minion mine, that is all." the winged male replied and raised his hand, tiny flames flickered on his fingertips. He pointed his index finger towards one of the sleeping minions and shot it a flame, burning its nose and waking it. Adagio laughed haughtily, making his wings exert a little more effort to paddle in the air.

"I can't—'' Koshka groaned and suddenly lunged towards Adagio, her mechanical claws fully bared. She playfully jabbed her arm sideways trying to hook Adagio's wing but the dragon seraphim was quick and simply moved to the opposite direction. 

"Too slow." he mocked and grinned at her.

***

In the end Koshka did not find Taka and instead spent the whole afternoon trying to pounce on Adagio's wing. She later on went back to base with tiny burns on her nose from Adagio's fire.

*End of Wings (Chapter 1)* A/N: I admit the ending is rushed 😂