Munions (part 2)

"Impudence will not help you in battle." Fortress grinned, flashing his sharp canine teeth. The alpha immediately lunged forward to bite Petal but one of the munions took the blow for the green creature.

"Munnie!" Petal screamed.

The wolf cackled and then watched as the injured munion stood its ground in front of its master. One of Fortress's own minion attacked the poor injured creature once more but Petal was able to trample on the wolf using her trampoline attack. The flower bud looking munion then backed it up and hit the enemy with the protruding vine from the top of its head making the rest back off and one disappear.

"Good job munnie!" Petal praised.

"You have the guts to invade our camp when you're weaker than a minion." Fortress laughed. "I can see you don't have any of that weapon seed of yours anymore."

"I am not weak! I can beat you up!" the green creature roared. "And I am not out of boom seeds! I just don't want to waste it on the likes of you."

"Yada, yada. Admit it or not I can and still will defeat you." the alpha smirked. Fortress then immediately lunged at one of the munion and ripped it apart. "Easy."

The exchange of blows then began between Petal and Fortress, with the green creature barely dodging the sharp claws of the wolf. It was not a close fight, that Petal herself was aware, without the seeds she was in danger of losing this battle.

"Curse you Skaarf! You dumb dragon! If I survive this match I will not hold back! I will make sure to beat the root out of you!" Petal internally screamed as she received a blow from Fortress's claw. The green creature was now injured and she was sure her doom is certain within a few minutes.

"Such a shame you'll die alone." Fortress scorned. "Any last words?"

Petal glared up at Fortress as the guardian wolf towered over her with its paws and claws ready to strike the final blow on her. "YOU DUMB DRAGON!"

Confused as he is Fortress corrected Petal. "I am a wolf not a dragon nor dumb."

Right after Fortress spoke, a massive fire suddenly engulfed him and Petal. Burning their surrounding and making him hurtle away in pain. A strange noise began to fill the air and he turned just in time to see the stubby dragon Skaarf spitting its goop towards him. Fortress immediately rolled to the side and dodged the attack. He was heavily injured from the dragon flame already and decided it was not good to strike back. The alpha growled lowly and glared back at Skaarf and Petal. "This isn't the end." Fortress said and fled.

Petal who was now too weak eventually lost consciousness, Skaarf picked up Petal's giant flower with its mouth and began to fly back to their camp. None of Petal's remaining munion survived the battle with the wolf. So it was only the dragon and Petal who returned to base. The green creature was taken cared of and healed by Adagio but she remained asleep for the whole night. Skaarf did not leave the small monster and slept beside Petal's bed.

The next morning Petal woke up and saw that she was alone in her tent, none of her injuries from yesterday was visible and hurting. She got up from her bed and noticed her giant flower ride was healed too but no munion was in sight.

"Good morning Petal, how are you feeling?" Celeste who peeked in asked.

"I'm fine princess, just still a lil' bit tired." Petal replied.

"Father wants to talk to you but for now, come with me."

"I'm really not in the mood Celeste." the green creature said and climbed back onto her bed.

Celeste sighed and smiled. "Alright, someone wants to see you though, I'll let them in."

The princess then left the tent and was replaced by Skaarf who entered slowly, perhaps unsure if Petal was to attack or not. When it seemed safe the dragon flew towards Petal's bed where the green creature lay.

"What do you want? Just because you saved my life means that I will thank you and forgive you." Petal said. "When I feel more better I will tear you into pieces and feed you to the minions you dumb dragon."

Skaarf made an incoherent noise and nudged Petal's back using its snout repeatedly. At first Petal tried to ignore the dragon but eventually irritation took over her and she yelled at the dragon.

"Leave me alo—"

The green creature was stopped mid-sentence as disbelief washed over her face. There beside her bed was a small mountain of brambleboom seeds coated with saliva—Skaarf's saliva matter of fact. The dragon made another noise and nudged the top of the seeds making a few roll down. Skaarf twirled in the air before beginning to head out the tent.

"You're still a dumb dragon but... thanks." Petal called out.

The dragon twirled in the air and exited the tent quietly. Celeste petted Skaarf on the head and planted a soft kiss on it as the dragon flew towards her. "Good Skaarf, you made Petal happy." she smiled.

Skaarf made a little noise and spitted fire towards the sky expressing happiness.

A/N: Hey guys! Happy New Year! It's 2016! And I'll try my best to get a proper publishing sched and also! Yes, the ending is yet again a little rushed. It's 1AM here and I just really wanted to post a new chapter for @BellatrixStar! Before I get busy for two days again. So yeah anyway! For the next chapter I'm thinking about writing from the point of view of Catherine's team! So watch out for the next update~ That's all for now!