Birthday Blues

"Happy Birthday!"

The prince greeted his friend with a wide grin as he held up a box wrapped up in cloth. Joule gazed at the royalty not moving a muscle, Vox wiggled the gift in his hand urging her to take it.

"Thanks." the girl said before taking the item from him.

It was Joule's birthday today but she wasn't feeling it at all because of the fact her robot is damaged from the recent match they had with some of Ardan's underlings. Ringo had greatly damaged her robot, busting plenty of holes and dents in several parts and cracking the blade which she uses to electrify her enemies. If it wasn't for Rona who attacked the enemies with her Red Mist she was sure she wouldn't survive that rain of bullets.

"Oh come on, turn that frown upside down!" Vox smiled and flicked the girl's hat.

"If I can I would. MAC is injured, how can I have fun?" Joule scowled and placed Vox's gift on the corner of a table.

"MAC?" the prince questioned.

Joule gazed at Vox with gaped mouth. "I guess no one actually knows it," the girl scratched her cheek before answering. "It's my robot's name err—codename. It's what's written on his blueprint that I found a while back. I think it stands for Mechanized Armored Centurion."

"Oh, I didn't even know your robot has a name, or a gender." Vox said.

"You learn something new everyday." Joule slightly smiled. "Well MAC sounds like a guy's name so I refer to him as a male and besides, isn't my robot just oozing with hawtness?"

Vox who suddenly got weirded out gave her an awkward smile. "Yeah I guess... So uh, aren't you gonna open my present for you?" he said, eyeing the box that was set aside.

"Maybe later." Joule said softly. "I need some time alone."

Vox knew it wasn't easy for the girl so he let her have some time alone. The prince nodded and then patted the shorter girl's head before returning to his own tent. After Vox was gone Joule decided to go see her robot which was impounded at the storage area behind the shop where she usually bought items. As she opened the storage, she walked towards the eight feet tall mecha and pulled off the cloth that covered it. MAC was covered with dirt and goo, but most of all it was covered with dents and holes from its last battle. Skaarf, the enemy team's dragon loved spitting its goop on her because it slows her down, not that it was troublesome for her. Whenever he does it she and MAC simply rocket leaps and attacks another enemy.

"Let's get you clean MAC." Joule whispered as she touched the cracked blade on MAC's right arm.

As Joule began to gather the cleaning tools and ladder, the strong smell of roses mixed with a fishy scent filled the room which almost nauseated her.

"Why are you still cleaning that thing?" Blackfeather asked. "It is already severely damaged, you will only tire yourself."

"It ain't permanent." Joule huffed and shot a glare at the man.

Blackfeather clicked his tongue and swept some of his hair away from his face. The eccentric man then walked towards Joule and leaned against the robot. Phinn remained outside, playing with Susie. The reptilian always had a calm demeanor which Joule really liked about him aside from the funny bubbles that his pipe produced. As for Blackfeather, she was always neutral.

"I have a gift for you." Blackfeather smiled and presented a tiny box.

Joule looked down on the box then at Blackfeather. "You know I'm still young right? Can't marry yet."

A loud laughter erupted from the man before he shook his head. "No, no. I do not wish to marry you. I already have a beautiful sleeping princess waiting."