Daisy, Daisy Give Me Your Answer Do (pt 2)

"Gythia?"

Ardan glanced softly at the worried Celeste. "What would they want from us?" the princess questioned.

"We will find out." Ardan responded as he carefully tore the letter open, not wanting to crumble the rest of the wax seal that held the paper close. The technologist silently read the letter, careful not to show any reaction.

All eyes were on Ardan, most curious but one anxious; this is the first time Celeste has witnessed someone from Gythia contacting them. She fears that they are wanting her to journey to the homeland for whatever selfish and political reason they might have.

"So what does it say?" Petal asked.

Ardan briefly shot a glance at Petal before going back to the letter. The corners of his mouth tightened as he read the final sentence of the letter.
"We have company arriving soon." he announced before slipping the letter into his back pocket.

Everyone began side-glancing each other as Ardan cleared his throat. "It is a seal from Gythia but our guests are from Trostan."

"Never heard of Trostan." Koshka said.

"Neither have I." Ardan told them truthfully, "We will have to wait before our questions get some answers."

"Dadda, did you just say guests?" Celeste asked for confirmation.

Ardan nodded. "It's a pair that we're expecting, they are not enemies. I'm not sure when they will arrive but it won't be long."

"Great, now we're waiting for three people. I might have to put off my happy hour tonight." Ringo yawned and then rested his arm lazily over Baron's shoulder and then winked up at the korean to which Baron awkwardly smiled at.

"It's not like you'd add two more years to your liver's life if you skip drinkin' tonight." Ozo joked.

Ringo laughed and fingergun pointed at the ape. "Cheers to that." he said before taking a long swig from his jug.

Skye, who was getting more worried the longer Kestrel is gone spoke, "Should we follow Kestrel?" she whispered to Koshka who had been busily eyeing Taka who was staring off into far space.

The feline who was not paying any attention to the korean kept mum. Adagio who was hovering close answered on her behalf. "I don't think that is necessary. This is also an opportunity for us to see if she is on our side or not. I trust Ardan will make a decision if she has not yet return in a while." the seraphim assured Skye.

Baron who was holding Skye's hand gave it a light squeeze—a silent agreement to what Adagio had said.

Ardan took a look at his whole team, each of them seemed to be on the edge. He himself was having high levels of stress but he needed to seem to be unruffled. He knew that these kids depend on him, if he showed any sign of anxiety it will begin a domino effect.
The technologist then stared off to the risen moon and uttered a silent prayer.

***

Alpha was still standing her ground. Fatigue was beginning to catch up to Kestrel as they began fighting over an hour ago. The archer hid above a tree as she watched Alpha limp across the jungle. She didn't have enough energy anymore to produce bows hence she hid. Kestrel looked at Daisy's bleeding face and it hurt her because she knows it is her who inflicted the fresh wounds. "Daisy..." she whispered softly under her breath as she leapt from the tree to make an attack.

"Come on Daisy! You can do it! At least get one punch in so we can pack up already!" Kestrel egged Daisy on.

Daisy was on the verge of tears as her head spun from trying to locate the other girl who was hiding. She knew Kestrel was gonna go in for another hit if she wasn't alert and fast. The pair were the only ones left in the jungle simulated training room because Daisy couldn't make a hit on Kestrel. "Please just let me hit you Kes! I wanna end this and go back to the barracks!" Daisy pleaded.

"If I let you have it then how will you be a great Stormguard? You gotta prove everyone that they're wrong about you being a weak soldier!" Kestrel said and jumped from the tree for another punch.

The younger girl luckily caught glance of the archer's shadow from the corner of her eyes and was able to defend herself just in time, she caught the archer's weight as they fell on the ground. "I'm sorry!" Daisy quickly apologized as she threw a hard punch up at Kestrel's face, unsure if it will hit.

"That's some mean punch Daisy." Kestrel said as she smiled widely with bleeding nose at her friend, indicating that Daisy's punch did not miss.

"You still got the mean punch," Kestrel smiled with pain as she peered down on Alpha—the cyborg's fist was planted on the archer's stomach. Kestrel coughed up blood which splattered on the other's emotionless face. The archer remained her ground and gently reached down to caress not Alpha's face but her old friend Daisy's. Tears began to drip on Daisy's face from Kestrel's eyes. Suddenly, the cyborg's glazed expression began softening.

"K-KR-KE-KKRRRSH-KES" Daisy spoke as she withdrew her hand from Kestrel's stomach and raised it to touch her face. "Don't c-ckr-cry."

The archer who was shocked was at a loss for words and simply stared.

"I-I-I'm sorry-y," Daisy paused as she felt the back of her head heating up. "H-hrrr-hurt y-y-you."

Kestrel shook her head, "I know, I know you didn't mean everything you did. They made you into a mindless monster." the archer said holding back the sob forming in her throat.

"H-Help." Daisy stared back at her old friend's eyes and brought her hand down to hold Kestrel's hand as she brought it up to her head.

More tears fell down on Daisy's face as Kestrel understood what the cyborg meant. The archer shook her head in disapproval. "I can help you in another way! Please, just not this... Ardan can help you! He's a technologist! Come with me to the camp Daisy... I beg you."

"N-N-No.." the cyborg pressed Kestrel's hand onto her forehead. "T-Tck-This."

Kestrel pursed her lips—tears still streaming from her eyes. She knew that there was nothing that could change Daisy's decision. She herself knew it was unfair for Daisy to be saved and let live with the heavy guilt from all the murder she had committed as Alpha. The archer nodded as she leaned down to give Daisy a final hug.

The cyborg gently placed her hand on Kestrel's back and gave it a rub as the other girl's sobs began to leak from her lips. "Brr-Bye..." Daisy whispered.

Kestrel sat up—her lips clutched tight, she looked at her friend one last time as the cyborg smiled. Daisy felt her forehead grow hotter as the archer's energy bow grew into her head.
"I love you Daisy..." Kestrel whispered as Daisy's eyes began to close and her hand on her back limped lifeless.

The jungle was in complete silence as if it knew what had just happened, nothing but the sound of wailing was heard throughout as the moon shone down on two unfortunate friends...

•••

A/N: Hey friends! I am so sorry for the lack of updates. I hope to make it up to everyone who still reads For Halcyon! I'm not promising but another chapter will be posted soon!

If any of you wish to contact me outside of Wattpad, add me on Discord! @.Sakisoba (period not included in my ign) (*'꒳'*)ノ♡