Frostbite

Who are you?

Reim asked the undead man, he watched as Krul dashed from the shadows. The old mage knows a worthy opponent when he sees one and seeing Krul made him amused.

"My name is not important." Krul replied and summoned back his sword which easily broke the ice that encased it.

"Oh but it is," Reim grinned.

"Why is that?" the undead asked. "To spread my name in the afterlife? The one who crushed you in battle and ended your life?" Krul laughed gravely.

"To add your name to the thousands of weaklings I defeated." Reim scoffed.

"Confident are we?" Krul said, equally amused.

Samuel who idly watched on the side mentally sighed and thought how both old timers were acting like children.

The ice mage whose adrenaline began pumping walked past Glaive who still remained in his position. "I am. Now shall we begin to end this battle quickly?"

"I have a few conditions," Krul said as he glanced at Glaive. "If you are defeated you must come and join our side."

"That is if you defeat me."

"I am not yet done." Krul chimed. "You also must not touch that beast behind you. You will not kill him." he said.

Reim's brows furrowed. "I can't assure you that I would comply to that."

"Afraid that you will be defeated by him?" Krul taunted.

"I am not." Reim hissed. "Alright. I will not touch a strand of this thing's fur." the old mage said, although that was a lie. He took one more step as a sign to begin battle. The ice mage couldn't wait to defeat the other and get his hands on the grangor.

Krul made the first move and swung his sword. Reim of course, effortlessly evaded it.

"This is going to be a long fight." Samuel yet again sighed and then called Glaive. "Would you like something warm to drink?" he asked as he grabbed some cups from the make shift kitchen. "Your friend here will be awake soon."

Glaive glanced at the ongoing intense battle between the old men and then stood up. "Might as well." he said before he walked to where Samuel was.

***

The sound of metal hitting ice and several other battle sounds had been going on for an hour or more now. Krul and Reim still looked like they were far from tired. Neither of them have any injury that would make one of them overpower the other—no scratches even. Glaive had already finished his cup of coffee long ago and Rona was already awake, eating what seems to be a bowl of porridge that Samuel had whipped up.

"So why is the Storm Queen seeking the magister's assistance?" Samuel asked.

"There is a war, and all we know is that the queen is recruiting strong people to join her team." Glaive replied.

"Who are the enemies?"

"Some rebels." Rona answered. "But I heard from Fortress that the enemies are the queen's family; her brother-in-law and niece," the cavewoman said. "And, I know that one of our team mate is the queen's nephew, his name's Vox."