Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A light from my phone indicated that I have a new message. I slowly made my way to the counter where it was placed. My small hands touched the warm object. I clicked the button and immediately smiled. It was a text from my only friend Lilly.

Let's hang out at Starbucks. I'm waiting for you. Love you and take care. xxLillyxx

I slid the phone to the pocket of my denim jeans. Finally, a time out of this lonely flat. I scanned the beige painted walls and fully furnished rooms. This supposed to be beautiful place that became my place of torture. Where Harry constantly hurts me. Lilly was my only friend who really cares for me. She knows what Harry does to me. She was actually one of the strippers that Harry brought home one night. That was the night that I stood up against Harry. The night he nearly killed me. Lilly is the only one who cared. If it wasn't for her, I might be dead right now.

*Flashback*

I heard the front door slam shut. That simple sound send shivers down my spine. He was home. The person I fear the most was in the same house as I was. I shook all of my thoughts and fear as I walked out of the kitchen. I heard the sound of giggles and slurred words, indicating that as usual Harry was hammered and he brought home another stripper. My heart ached at the thought, knowing that he will do it with her again tonight and I will hear their noises from my room.

“Allison!’’ Harry’s deep voice roared into the empty hallway, distracting me from my thoughts. I shivered as I pushed my thoughts away and dragged my bare feet to where his voice came from.  I came face to face with a beautiful brunette carrying Harry in her slim figure as he was having a hard time carrying his own weight. She was gorgeous, and she didn’t seem like any of the other strippers Harry had ever brought home before. Her warmth radiated through our flat, lighting it up a bit.  Her gray eyes made contact with mine and I saw sympathy and understanding in them. Her warm smile was also unexpected, making me feel a bit happy for the first time in months since Harry started abusing me.

“Hi, I’m Lilly.’’ She introduced, keeping the welcoming smile on her pink, plump lips. “Mr. Styles is so drunk so I brought him home. I assure you that nothing happened between us.’’

I returned the action as I helped her sit Harry on one of our brown leather couch. She was nice, and she was a very respectful young woman. I admired how polite she was and at first sight, you would not think that she is a stripper. “Thank you very much, Lilly. By the way, I’m Allison.’’

She nodded as we successfully placed the drunk man on a stable position. “You’re welcome and nice to meet you, Allison. I’ll be going now.’’ Harry grabbed her wrist making her land on top of him. His strong arms made its way to her waist, securing her in place.

“No, stay.’’ His husky voice made her shiver as she looked up at me again in sympathy. I just gave her a reassuring smile to make her feel better. To my astonishment, she struggled in his grip.

“Mr. Styles, you’re girlfriend is watching.’’ He lifted his head to where I was standing; his dark eyes full of lust making my knees go weak. No one, not even my father scares me like he can.

“She’s not my girlfriend. She’s my slave.’’ His deep chuckle frightened me more, but his words gave me a new feeling; bravery. There was something new to his tone that I can’t explain. The next time, I felt something like this is the night he threw a chair on me. But for the first time, I wasn’t afraid. I was angry and sick of all of this. It was just too much. “Hey, bring us some beer from the fridge and hurry. Lilly and I still have a long night coming.’’

He started kissing her roughly on the neck while I just stood there and watched them. I refused to move and follow his order. I wanted to show him that this needs to stop. That he should stop treating me like a piece of dirt.