Chapter 14

Dedicated to @JustacuteDirectioner. Belated Happy Birthday, love! Hope you like this chapter! ILYSM! Best wishes and more bdays to come!

_________________________________

Chapter 14

“There’s lots of make-up on her face
To cover up an empty space”

-Beautiful Life, Union J

What would do if the one who had hurt you all these years is now the one under you?

Would you just let it go and forgive or make him/her suffer how she/made you suffer?

In much simpler words, forgiveness or revenge?

It would be easy to say forgiveness, because it's the right thing to do, but is it easy to forgive someone who had caused you so much pain?

Who made your life a living hell and all you wanted is just forget that past?

And when of think of that person, all you remember is the things he had done to you and nothing else that it disgusted you so much?

Because of him, I am like this.

My life is empty and my past is left forgotten.

Everything about my identity is a lie, let alone my name.

I am married to a man that I had never love and no one sees me as a human being anymore.

They think that I am a heartless monster, a devil in human skin.

But they are all wrong.

They don’t know anything about me or what I had been through and I doubt if they will ever understand.

I wiped the warm salty tears that trickled down my cheek with the back of my hand.

I hated crying and feeling sorry for myself.

If you let people see that you are weak, they will step on you even more.

I learned that the hard way.

It’s already eleven in the evening and the rest of Malik Industries is already pretty dead. Most of the employees had already left their offices, and the rooms were already deserted and only the main lights were switched on.

I decided that it’s best to leave since I still have a place to go to for the night. I arranged my files and organized them before keeping them in one of the drawers in my table before I stood up from my plush leather chair.

I grabbed my light brown coat and my bag from my chair before I proceeded on leaving the room. I turned off all the lights and I locked it behind me before I slid the keys inside my bag.

My nude heels clicked against the marble tiles of my office before I got to the final door and I locked it behind him with a loud clicking noise.

I heard the sound of typing, and I caught a glimpse of a mop of dark curls and I know immediately who it is.

Harry.

He was still working on the documents that I ordered him to finish tonight so it will be ready for my presentation tomorrow.

I watched him from afar. He looked tired, and his curls were already messy maybe because he ran his hands through it constantly when he is frustrated.

Because of You {Harry Styles}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara