Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Just as we thought that everything is alright, something always has to go wrong."

It was two weeks ago since I was hospitalized. Ever since, Harry had improved. Not changed of course. I guess what happened to me brought him back to his senses. There were still few occasions where in he would shout at me or slap me once, but that would be all. He would also come home drunk every night and brought home strippers every night but he won't treat me like a slave anymore. I also got the job at Starbucks as cashier and Lilly also got a job as waitress. I was enjoying what I was doing here and Harry lets me keep all the money I earn.

I could never be happier that everything is now falling into place. The cuts and wounds on different parts of my body are slowly healing. Lilly and I have been closer than ever, since we both work in the same place. She still mentions her offer every now and then but I always refuse it then she will stop because she doesn’t want us to fight anymore.

It was nine a.m. in the morning and my shift has just begun. I gripped on the edge of the table as a wave of dizziness hit me.

"Allison, are you okay?" Lilly worriedly asked me as she cleans a table just close to the cashier. I gave her a small nod, but to me, my whole world is spinning.

"I'm just worried about you lately." She admitted as her eyes scanned me. "You are always dizzy lately. Maybe you should see the doctor."

"It's nothing. I swear I'm fine." I told her to dismiss the topic already. I don't want to talk about my health anymore. It just stresses me out. I saw her nod out of the corner of my eyes. She returned on cleaning the tables as I heard the bell of the shop ring, indicating that there is a new customer who had just entered the shop. I looked up and saw a guy about my age walking to me. He has warm brown eyes and messy black hair. He smiled at me as he walked to where I was.

"Good morning, sir. How can I help you?" I said in the most polite way that I can. He winked at me as he fixed his red varsity jacket. He was good looking and all but only one guy caught my heart and it was Harry.

"Good morning to you too, Allison. By the way, I'm Jeff. "He greeted as he looked at my exposed name plate. "One espresso and your number please." I don't know if he is joking or what so I just chuckled as I tell Lilly what his order was.

"Are you single?" He suddenly asked as I turned my attention back to him. His question took me by surprise.  I really don't know the answer to that question. Was I single? Is Harry my boyfriend? No, just no. But I belong to him, right?

"No." My answer was plain but it made him frown a bit. Disappointment was evident in his face.

"Oh." He said in a soft tone and nodded. I looked over his shoulder and what I saw made me froze. The huge grin on my face quickly vanished. Harry was standing in the door of the shop, staring at Jeff and me, his eyes black with anger. Uh oh. His eyebrows were frowned, his nostrils flared and his fists were clenched. He was angry. I haven't seen him like this for a while. And honestly, it scared me.

Jeff must have noticed my expression because he turned around and also froze upon seeing Harry.

"I gotta go, Allison." He mumbled as his eyes remained on Harry but finally looking back at me. I could tell he was intimidated. "It was nice meeting you."

I watched him find a table, and finally I found the courage to look at Harry. He stomped his feet as he made his way towards me, his nose flaring with anger.

"WHO. IS. THAT." He said in between clenched teeth. I looked into his pitch black eyes. I haven't seen him like this in a while and I didn't expect that I'll see him like this again. He forcefully grabbed my hand, making me release a cry of pain.