Chapter 5

Chapter 5

It took days before Harry let me go back to work again. I still can't believe he will overreact upon seeing me talking to a customer. He was back on abusing me whenever he gets pissed at something. And trust me, it was worse than before. My dizziness was also getting worse and I have to puke every morning. I feel worried sometimes about my health.

Here I am, working on my daily shift at Starbucks. My stomach churned and a wave of dizziness hit me as I made way to my bathroom. I vomited everything on the toilet and suddenly, I feel hands stroking my back. I turned around to see Lilly, worry on her face as she handed me a bottle of water. I gladly took it from her and took a sip.

"Thanks." I gave her a reassuring smile to make her feel better. She still looked at me with same expression, trying to know if I would still say something. "I'm fine, Lilly. Nothing to worry about."

Her nod was unexpected, but I can still see worry behind it. "I'll be right back." She told me as she walks out of the bathroom, leaving me there. I rose up from my position and washed my mouth on the sink. It was refreshing and I feel great, the cold water cleansing my mouth. I went back to the cashier to serve some of the waiting customers.

Minutes later, Lilly still wasn't back, making me feel worried about her but I decided to shrug it off. I heard the bell of the shop ring, making me look up. My eyes landed on Lilly's long brunette locks. She walked over to me as she carefully drag me inside the kitchen. I noticed she was holding something in her small hands.

As soon as we are alone, Lilly handed me and small box wrapped in a paper bag. I took one glance at it before opening it. What I saw shocked me. A pregnancy test? What would I do with a pregnancy test? Then it hit me. When Harry raped me, we didn't use any protection. No. This can't be. I'm only seventeen. I’m not ready for this. Especially when Harry is around.  

I gulped before looking back at Lilly. She nodded as she held both of my hands in her. "If you are indeed pregnant, Allison, I'm here." I nodded before engulfing her into a tight hug. We pulled away and I looked back at the test as I made my way to the bathroom. She gave me one final reassuring smile as I closed the bathroom door.

I waited for the results, my hands shaking. I inhaled and exhaled every now and then. When it was time, my eyes slowly scanned the test. My heart stopped due to what I saw.

Two lines. Two freaking lines. I was pregnant with his baby. The father is the man who abuses and hurts me. My back slid across the wall as I sobbed, dropping the stick on the floor. This can't be happening. No. Just no.

Lilly unlocked the door, worry on her face as she saw me crying on the bathroom floor. She sat next to me, wrapping her hands around my frail body.

"I can't be pregnant, Lilly." I sobbed as she stroked my back soothingly. "I just can't."

“Shhh.’’ She cooed while stoking my back. “Allison, I’m here.’’ I sobbed as I wrapped my arms around her frail body. I feel her shoulder uneasily going up and down, signaling that she was crying too.

We both pulled away. Lilly’s small hands found its way to my face to carefully remove the dried tears along the smeared mascara. She also wiped her eyes and looked straight into my eyes, seriousness in those gray orbs. She took a deep breath before speaking.

“What are you going to do with it?’’ She pointed a finger on my belly. “Abort it?’’

My eyes widened as my mouth parted in shock. She thinks I would abort the baby. I'm not a murderer. The thought of it just kills me. Who am I to take a life, especially my own child? I might not be ready to be a mother, since I am too young, but I will protect and keep my unborn baby safe no matter what.