Chapter 13

Please read my new shortfic entitled "Waking Up to Be Mrs. Styles"! That would mean the world to me!

Anyway, sorry for the late update! Hope this chapter is long enough!

________________________________

Chapter 13

It was funny thing how I can easily destroy Harry's life right now. Three years ago, answering back to him would cause me unbearable pain, bruises and cuts. He can easily kill me or hurt me at all costs.

But not anymore. It's really surprising how the tables had turned for the two of us. The hunted was now the hunter. And I can easily destroy his life with the snap of my fingers. But I actually prefer to take it slowly. I mean, come on! If I revealed to him who I am, he would easily know. It will save him all the trouble.

I wonder how he will feel when he found out the girl he used to break was now the one juggling him in her own palms. That would be epic! He didn't see that one!

But one thing that is bothering is why he didn't even recognize me. I know that I had changed a lot about me, but can't he at least speculate?

Probably all he thought of me was a little piece of dirt in his shoes. After I left, maybe he moved on and just forgot that he had broke a young, vurnerable girl. While I, on the other hand, thought that I can forget but no. Whenever I look at him, every single thing he caused back then returns as if it had never vanished before.

But all those things he inflicted upon me caused me to be strong, brave and a woman you wouldn't dare mess with. I could stand up for myself now and I wouldn't let anyone get in my way.

"Mrs. Malik, is this okay?" Harry's deep and husky voice brought me back to reality. Sweat broke out from his forehead after moving the couches in my office for the third time.

I peered under my fake eyelashes, "No," I pointed to the left, "Move it there."

He released a breath after he started pushing my expensive leather couch to the direction and place that I had given him. The legs of the couch screeched on the marble tiles making me cover my ears due to the ear piercing noise.

"Careful!" I scolded, "The floor's marble!"

He pushed more evenly and carefully this time, making sure he will not sccratch the floor again.

He wiped the perspiration gathered in his forehead with the back of his arm as he looked up at me, exhaustion filling his face, "Is this enough, Ma'am?"

I shook my head, making his hopeful expression drop, "You know what, bring them all back to the way they were before and quickly! Go to my office after you are done."

I turned my back on him without uttering another word, pleased with myself. I can hear his efforts in pushing back every furniture to the place it once belonged to.

My expensive high heels clacked against the marble tiles as I brought myself inside my inner office or my room. I stretched my muscles and bones as I slumped on the leather chair. I turned on my laptop and began arranging files that I will need for tomorrow.

I tucked a piece of my blonde hair underneath my ear as I typed words into my newly opened document. Running out of ideas, I saved the file and exited it.

I decided to log in my e-mail account for notifications about some of the clients I know and other business people which are friends of Zayn. I typed in my e-mail name and my password and waited for it to load.

My account soon opened and I'm relieved to see that there are no messages and e-mails for me. Until suddenly, a heard a soft sound from the laptop.

One new message

I opened it warily, the username being unfamiliar. Gosh, I wish this is not a scam.

From Lilly

I want to see you. Please? :-)

My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. It's been a while since we last talked because I cut her already away from my life. She's part of my past that is better left forgotten forever. She is the only one who knows all the details of my past.

I began typing my reply to her.

To Lilly

What do you want? We had a deal that we would not see each other again and forget about our past, remember? Or do you want another one million dollars send to your bank account?

I pressed send and shut my laptop soon afterwards. I ran my fingers through my locks. The sound of the door opening made me look in that direction.

"Mrs. Malik?" I almost groaned as I saw Harry slightly peeking out of the door.

"Come in." His tall figure started to walk towards my desk as I looked at him straight in the eyes, making him nervous.

"What can do for you?" He asked politely, his voice small.

I thought about it for a while before I came back with an answer, "Make me some coffee."

"Will that be all?"

"Yes," I responded briefly, "Do it quickly, okay?"

He nodded before his silhouette vanished out of my room. I reopened my laptop again and my e-mail account only to see another message from Lilly. Maybe she wanted more money, but her reply quite astonished me.

From Lilly

It's not about money, Al. I miss you and I wanted to talk to you.

I shut the laptop once again without bothering to type back a reply. Lilly can destroy my plans. If Harry ever sees her with me, he will have an idea that I am Allison Fields indeed.

I heard my door open before a nervously looking Harry appeared in my line of my vision, amusing me. His large hands gripped the cup effortlessly as he walked over to me.

He handed me the cup with shaking hands. I clasped the cup in my small hands, its warmness seeping through its sides. I took a small sip before I did something he thought I would never ever do.

"What the fu** is this?" I commented, pushing the cup towards him. "It tastes horrible! I only drink coffee with fresh milk bought from Switzerland. And you should add cinnamon not sugar!"

"I'm sorry, Ma'am," he started, "I'll do it agai-"

"No!" I complained at him, "Just buy me decent coffee from Starbucks. I'm sure their coffee would be so much better than yours. Making coffee is such a simple task and you can't even do it right! What can of assistant are you?"

He stared at me with an unreadable expression, the barely drinked cup of coffee securely wrapped around his long fingers, a look of hurt crossing his features.

"What are you waiting for?!" I raised my voice at him, "Go!"

He nodded, accepting defeat, but I know he wanted to argue. He was Harry, the guy who would beat the shit out of anyone who gets in his path.

But not anymore. I'll make sure that he will feel so low of himself and I will step on his pride until there's none left.