Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I feel something warm on my hands. I slightly moved my body, but exhaustion immediately hit me. I remained stationary, unable to move any part of my body. A single movement makes my bones and muscles hurt. I finally decided to open my eyes, if it is the only thing that I can do.

Lilly lifted her head, her gray eyes red and puffy from crying. She squeezed my hand a little tighter. So the warm thing is her hand.

"I'm glad you're finally awake." Another tear escaped her eyes. "You got me worried. What happened? What did he do to you again?"

I shut my eyes close, remembering everything that happened before I lost consciousness  I held the tears in, not wanting Lilly to see me cry. "How long was I out?" I asked changing the subject.

"Five hours." Her beautiful face was full of pain, sorrow and worry. She was a true friend after all. "Allison, you lost a lot of blood. So don't lie to me. What happened to you?"

I refused to meet her gaze, tilting my head to the window overlooking the view. I was lost for words; I didn't know where to start. I didn't know what I will tell her.

"He took his anger on me, that's all." I replied blankly, refusing to meet her eyes.

She tilted my head so know I was facing her. "God, Allison! You almost died if it wasn't for me."

"Where is he?" I ignored her complaints by implanting another question for her to answer. "How did you found me?"

She pursed her lips and arranged her sitting position before responding to me. "I saw Harry on the street beating the shit out of someone. He was so pissed. Then I thought about you. I got worried."

I nodded and smiled, squeezing her hand. “Thanks for everything, Lilly. I’m sorry about last night.’’ I can’t help but let the tears fall like a waterfall. My emotions are taking over me again.

She returned the action and I saw tears started to fall down her cheeks, too. “I’m your friend, Allison. You can always count on me no matter what happens.’’

I engulfed her into a hug, careful not to hurt myself. She hesitantly returned the action also for fear of hurting me.

“Thanks for always being my friend since day one.’’ I sincerely told her, feeling her tears soak my back.

“I’ll always be here.’’ She whispered as we both let our emotions out on each other. We were distracted by the sound of door to my room opening, indicating that someone entered. I lifted my head from the embrace and saw the boy I feared the most standing there, his now normal emerald eyes looking at us. We pulled away and Lilly tilted her head where Harry was, and her face suddenly contorted with disgust. She hesitantly rose up from the chair beside the bed she was sitting in.

“I’ll leave you two alone.’’ She said blankly as she left the room, but not before glaring at Harry. I wiped the tears in my eyes as I laid back down focusing my gaze to the ceiling. I felt the chair beside me move; indicating Harry had taken a seat. I can feel his emerald gaze looking at me from the corner of my eyes. I wish Lilly hadn’t left me in this situation.

“How are you feeling?’’ His question was unexpected, never in his life he asked me how I feel after violently beating me up. Even if I can’t fully see his face, I can say that he feels no guilt or sorrow for what he did to me. My heart fell to the pit of my stomach upon knowing that fact.

The question made me happy, but I managed to keep a straight face. I thought of my answer and eventually came up with one. “I’m good.’’ Was all I can say.