Chapter 11

“Will you stop and take a look at me now…..’’
Take A Look at Me Now by Greyson Chance

He hasn’t changed a bit. He was still the young man with sparkling emerald eyes and dark curly locks but it is now pushed back. He was wearing dark blue blazer and underneath it a white shirt. He looks so nervous. So was I. I took a deep breath as I collected myself. My face went back to its intimidating expression. I blinked three times, trying to process if what I was seeing is really there. He was. He really was there.

His eyes squinted, telling me that he was analyzing my face. He was trying to remember who I was. But his eyes returned to his normal ones as he walked over to me. He didn’t recognize me. I took a deep once more as my now dark blue eyes landed on his emerald ones.

“Take a seat.’’ I motioned him to seat on the leather chair opposite to mine. He did as I told him. He handed me his folder full of stuff about him. I scanned it carefully, trying to know what happened to him the last 3 years when I left. He finished his college and this is his first job. That’s all I found but I did realize something. He changed for the better after what happened three years ago.  But that doesn’t change anything. He still turned me into this new heartless woman.

“Mr. Styles?’’ I asked as his nervous glance lifted up to me. This is the first time I really saw him nervous and I caused it. Great job, Ashley.

“Um… yes Ms. Malik?’’ His question was uncertain and unsure making me hold back a smirk. I remember his deep and husky voice all too well.

“It’s Mrs. Malik.’’  I corrected him. “I’m married.’’

His eyes widened a bit for a second, before returning to its normal ones. I began to question him again.

“How about you, are you married?’’ I almost facepalmed myself as the words came out my mouth. Why do I care if he’s already married? I only want revenge.

He shook his head, the curls dancing. He looks confused for a second before he muttered a response. “No, Mrs. Malik.’’

I nodded my head. I returned him back his resume. “Mr. Styles, you’re hired. You start tomorrow at 7:00 a.m. sharp. Don’t be late.’’

His eyes sparkled as he took in my words. “I’m hired. Really?’’

I raised my left eyebrow at him. “Do I really need to repeat everything right from the start, Mr. Styles? I think not. You should leave. I’m stressed.’’

“Thank you, Mrs. Malik.’’ He breathed a sigh of relief and a dimpled smile appeared on his lips. He did a small jump before leaving my office.

Oh Harry, you can rejoice now because you won’t like the next days that will be coming for you….

~Minutes Earlier~

-Harry-

It was only three people before I would be called to the office of my boss. I was really, really nervous. I mean this is my first job and I really wanted to get it. But it seems that I won’t. All the other who had tried ended up crying after they step out of the devil’s office. I didn’t mean to call my future boss a devil, but according to the other workers is, she is. That’s what made me more nervous.

 Oh yes. It’s been three years since Allison left. I have been broken ever since. Everywhere I go, I still remember her. She didn’t leave my mind once. I can’t love another girl because I still love her. Seems silly, right? But it’s my fault anyway. I wonder where she is now. But as you can see, I kept my promise. I changed for her. I quit drinking and going to clubs. I didn’t hurt anyone anymore. I continued my study in college and now I’m looking for my first job. Just my luck that Malik Industries is looking for an executive assistant. So here I am.

“Next.’’ The woman next to the door of the office called. I looked to my right and realized I was next. My eyes widened as I grew more nervous. I stood up from my chair and began walking towards the office.

“Good luck handsome. I still like to see your face here more often.’’ The woman who just called my name told me.

I just smiled at her before speaking. “Thank you.’’

“You’re welcome, handsome.’’ She winked. I rolled my eyes before pushing the door open.

There she was, my boss, sitting on a leather chair looking at herself in a small mirror. She has long blonde hair that flows all the way down her back, dark blue eyes but her face is covered with tons of makeup. I’m sure I know her or maybe she reminds me of someone.

Her dark blue eyes widened briefly as it landed on me but her expression turned intimidating.

“Take a seat.’’ She motioned me to sit on the leather chair opposite to hers. Her blue eyes remained glued on me as I handed her my resume.

If I get this job, I’ll find out who she is and what connection she has with my life…..

____________________________________________

Sorry if it took me a while to update this and if it this chapter is too short! I have been really busy this past weeks filming our project, and its really exhausting. We have been travelling then and there,  so I hope you guys understand, but I update as soon as I can.

I already finished almost half of the Chapter 12 so I might update it extra earlier than usual. Pls. vote and comment if you like this chapter, and check out my other stories!

Love you all! Mwah!

You can get daily updates on my stories at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bela-Horan/142339425972185

Love Bela :)