Chapter 8

Cause I used to be a shell

Yeah, I let him rule my world, my world, oh yeah

But I will come and grow strong

And I can still go on, and no one can take my pearl

-Katy Perry “Pearl”

  -Allison-

My whole body hurts really worse than anything I've ever felt before. It's like a whole ton of steel fell on me. I heard sniffing sounds beside me on my right. Someone is crying but it doesn't sound like Lilly. I really honestly don't remember that happened to me last night. I tried to open my eyes but it won't. It was as if a scotch tape was holding it together. I feel something warm wrapping my right hand. Few warm and wet drops soaked my hand. I squeezed my eyes open again just to be blinded by the light so I immediately closed them again.

"Allison?" That familiar deep and husky voice spoke on my side, sending shivers down my spine. Harry. Then everything that happened flashed through my mind. The pregnancy test, the escaping, Harry running after me and the accident. I opened my eyes again and adjusted my vision to the bright lights of the room.

I carefully tilted my head to the side, where Harry was, only to see something that really astonished me. Am I dreaming? The boy who always cause me pain and frightened me looked so vulnerable. His emerald eyes were red and puffy from crying. Wow, this is the first time I really saw him cry. He hates crying. It's a form of weakness for him. His curly hair was messy, like he hadn't washed it in days. I slowly backed away from him, still scared of what he might do to me.

"What happened to me?" I questioned him, my brown orbs finding its way to the whiteness of the hospital ceiling.

"You broke too many bones but the doctors managed to fix it." He paused to take a deep breath, looking really nervous. A single tear fell from his eyes and I really fought the urge to wipe it away. "I'm sorry; Allison, but you lost our baby."

His last sentence echoed through my mind repeatedly. The only thing that I value in the world right now is... gone. Gone. I broke down crying, even if I was too weak. My pained sobs vibrated the whole room.

"Allison, I'm really sorry." Harry tried to comfort me, but it didn't work. I felt unexplained anger for him that I never felt before. This is all his fault. If he didn't do any of those things to me in the first place then none of this would have happen. I shouldn't have been in this hospital bed, crying for the baby that I lost.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" I accused him with the strength left on my fiber. "None of this would have happen if you just let me leave!" His eyes widened a bit, but went back to its normal ones informing me that he already expected how I will react.

Tears fell from his eyes like waterfalls and for the first time, I saw guilt and pain in them but I didn't feel any pity for him. He deserved it. "I'm sorry. I didn't know. The moment I saw you carrying that bag, I panicked. I didn't want to lose you, Allison."

"But look what you did!" I yelled. "You killed the only thing that makes me strong. You killed my baby!"

"Our baby." He corrected with more pain being evident in his face. "The baby's mine, right?"

"Of course it was!" I retorted, angry that he doubts if he is the father of my child. "You raped me, remember?"

His gaze landed on his feet when he couldn't find a decent answer. When he still didn't speak, I continued.

"You're a murderer!" I told him with my voice still raised. Tears just kept on falling down his face as his gaze where glued on the floor. "You killed your own child! Out of all the things you did to me I forgive you. But after this? I won't."

"Allison, I'm rea-" He began but I cut him off, my whole body tilting to the left so I won't see his face anymore.

"Just get out!" I commanded him. "Leave me alone. Lilly can drive me to the flat tomorrow so I can get my stuff and leave."

"You're leaving?" He asked, his voice cracking at the end.

"Just leave me alone." I responded as I shut my eyes closed. I heard him stood up from the chair, still sniffing. His light footsteps vanished as the door slammed.

The tears finally fell from my eyes as I cried myself to sleep.

*The next day*

Harry surprisingly did what I told him to do. He didn't come today to pick me up but he did pay my hospital bill. The doctor said that I am free to leave today but I need to rest for a few weeks. I wasted no time and called Lilly to come pick me up.

"Hey." She greeted in a sad noticeable tone. I gave her a small smile.

"Ready to go?" I nodded my head before walking with her to her car.

The whole ride was silent and before I knew it, the car already stopped in front of the flat.

"Do you want me to wait for you?" She asked me as I got out of our car.

"No." I responded plainly before slamming the car door shut. "I'll just take a cab to your flat."

"See you later, Allison." She waved as she started the car engine. I waved back as I watched the car disappear on the street. I took a deep breath before walking to the place I hated the most.

I quietly twisted the doorknob, and luckily it was open. I slowly went inside, closing the door behind me. The flat was empty, no sign of Harry around. I breathed a sigh of relief and proceeded to ascend the stairs. I carefully walked in our the room. My duffel bag was neatly placed on the bed and I picked it up and slung it around my shoulder. I carefully closed the door as I went out. As about to descend the stairs when I saw him. Standing at the foot of the stairs, waiting for me. I ignored him and continued to go carefully down the stairs. I'm not scared of him anymore. I walked past him but his hoarse voice, probably from all the crying, stopped me dead in my tracks.

"You're really leaving." It was more like a statement rather than a question.

"Yes." I answered bravely. "There's nothing left for me in this flat and this town. Just bad memories."

"Allison." He pleaded desperately. "Please don't forget me."

"I can't promise that." I turned to face him one last time. Tears were brimming to fall from his glassy emerald eyes. "Goodbye, Harry."

Before he could respond, I quickly walked away. I exited the flat and close the door behind me.

Finally..... I'm out of my place of torture. How I longed for this... I'm free.

I can't believe I managed to stay there for months....

I turned back again to face the lonely flat. There's no way I'm going back there again.

But I feel that this is the only the beginning for me and Harry...

Someday, it will be my turn to make his life a living hell.

__________________________

  Sorry for the super duper late update! I swear I tried my best! OMG! Allison left!  Take note: this is only the real beginning. This story is far from over. The next chapter would really be unexpected so stay tuned and don’t miss it! There will be a major time skip and a very different Allison will be introduced! What do you guys think? Thanks for voting and commenting! Please leave a comment!

Love you all! Mwah!

Love Bela :)