Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Everyday I try to look my best
Even though inside I'm such a mess
Why do I always feel invisible, invisible”

 -Invisible, Skylar Grey

“In the end, we always become the people we swear we’d never be.”

“Come on, Natalie, honey,” I pleaded for like the third time, sighing, “You need to sleep already. It’s almost midnight.”

“I don’t want!” Her cute little voice whined again as she giggled while staring at her Barbie dolls, “I am still playing with my dolls.”

I released an exhausted sigh as planted a kiss on her forehead, removing her curly dark hair that covered her cute little face, “We will play tomorrow, okay? I promise.”

She looked up at me, placing her dolls down, her wide emerald eyes sparkling with faint hope, “Promise?”

I nodded, holding my hand out in a swearing position, “Mommy promises.”

“Okay,” She smiled putting her all of her dolls down before wrapping her chubby arms around my neck, “Let’s sleep. I am sleepy.”

I carried her up from the ground, kissing the top of her head again as she smiled widely at me, her dimples being evident in her rosy cheeks. Tears prickled at the back of my eyes, but I blinked them away as hard as I can. I just distracted myself by lifting Natalie up the stairs and into her pink room. I pushed the door open with my foot as she giggled at my attempts, because to be honest, Natalie is one heavy toddler...

“What have you been eating lately?”  I asked her and I heard cute soft giggle came out of her parted lips, while she played with my messy blonde hair.

“Sweets!” She replied cheerfully before she giggled again, making me shake my head, smiling as I placed her down on the soft little bed.

“But, baby, sweets are bad for your health.” I reasoned out, my lips curving down into a pout.

“But they are yummy!” Natalie exclaimed with a soft musical laugh, her emerald eyes locking with mine.

 I turned off the lights on her room and walked over the nightlight, switching it on. Her eyes sparkled, fascinated with the lights dancing around in her room that is coming from the nightlight.

“Goodnight, sweetheart.” I smiled at her as I lifted the warm duvets up to her chin, kissing her forehead afterwards, “I love you.”

“I wuv you too, Mommy.” She said back at me, making my heart melt, “Can you pwease sleep with me, tonight?”

I nodded, the smile never living my lips, “Of course, baby girl.”

“Yay!” She cheered, bouncing up and down in her lying position. I laughed at her cuteness as I climbed next to her on the bed, pulling the duvets over our bodies. I smiled at my beautiful daughter, watching her get fascinated in every single thing that she finds interesting.

I honestly don’t know where she got that trait; being really adorable and cute because I know that I am not. And as Melinda had informed me, Natalie is a bit mature for her age, and she knew a lot of things that someone her age shouldn’t.

“Mommy, where is my Daddy?” Her question caught me off guard; snapping me out of my own trance and making me look into her wide eyes full of wonder.