Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I woke up extra early today. Today is the day that I would begin my revenge on Harry. I smiled because I can’t believe it. It is finally happening.

I looked over to my bed, and Zayn was still asleep. Soft snores escaped his parted mouth, and he was really cute. I just finished showering and I was now beginning to pick the best outfit I ever have. I finally decided to wear a satin colored dress that falls perfectly just above my knees.

I started to strip off, but two strong arms wrapped around my waist, making me drop the dress on the ground.

“Babe, you almost gave me a heart attack.’’ I told him.

He chuckled, his morning voice sending shivers down my spine. “You’re so sexy, babe.’’

I rolled my eyes. “Stop it Zayn. I need to go get ready for work now.’’

He raised an eyebrow as I wiggled free from his grasp. “Are you dressing up with much because of your new “hot’’ assistant?’’

I suppressed a giggle to escape my mouth. “What are you talking about?’’

A frown slowly smeared his pink lips as he responded. “I heard that you hired a handsome assistant.’’

I chuckled lightly before I slowly turned around to wrap his arms around his bare neck. “Awww, is my husband jealous?’’

His frown deepened even more, suggesting how serious his jealousy was. “I’m not.’’

I rolled my eyes as I opened my mouth to speak. “Baby, you and I both know it’s not true.’’

“Okay, okay. I’m jealous.’’ He finally admitted with his raspy voice, his strong tanned arms wrapping around my naked frail waist.

“Don’t be, baby.’’ I assured him as I tilted my head to meet his perfectly gorgeous face, his lips pressed into a thin line as his amber eyes met mine. “You’re the only man I’ll ever love.’’

Happiness crossed his face, his lips arching into a sweet smile. “I love you too, baby.’’

“I know. Now, I need to get ready for work.’’ I wriggled free from Zayn’s possessive grip, his smile dropping once again into a deep noticeable frown.

“Why are you so excited to get to that wretched place?’’ He grumbled aimlessly as his back landed on the soft sheets of our bed.’’

“Oh come on, Malik!’’ I rolled my eyes at his childishness as I wore the crimson dress around my body, making sure to zip it carefully, the tight fabric hugging my curves perfectly. “Man up!’’

I searched through the drawers and brought out my make up bag, the small little pouch containing a huge variety of different cosmetics and make up. I started by applying my skin toned liquid foundation evenly on my face using a foundation brush, making sure to hide any flaws. Next, I applied concealer under my brown orbs and make sure that my visible eye bags would be successfully concealed. Thirdly, I finally applied liquid black eye liner on my upper lids and under my eyes. Then, I applied fake lashes, tying it with my lashes with mascara. To complete my make up, I applied red lipsticks.

Finally satisfied with my whole make up look, I stood up and placed my make up bag inside the drawers, Zayn watching me the whole time, his expression fixed.

“What do you need make up for, baby?’’ he asked as my brown eyes met with his lighter ones. “You’re beautiful without it.’’

“I know that, sweetheart.’’ I told him, my red lips forming a fake smile. I know I wasn’t good enough. I know that I am not beautiful, that’s why I changed so much of myself. If I am, then someone would love me right? But no. No one cared. I suffered a lot of things in my past life making me what I am now. A vile and selfish person. But they don’t know a thing about me.