6 - "You should come back to mine."

Chapter 6 - "You should come back to mine."

**Some sexual content in this chapter**

Friday morning, Nathan was pestering me about the party again. Unfortunately, we were in the same Spanish class. And, even more unfortunately, he had occupied the seat next to me.

"I mean, what does it matter if Matt is going or not?" he was asking. 

"It'd just be nice to do something different with him for a change."

"Yeah, but why wait for him to decide? You can't base every one of your decisions on whether or not your boyfriend is doing the same thing."

Nathan was contorting the situation to make me look like I was dependent on Matt. That wasn't the case at all but I could see why it sometimes seemed like that to an outsider, particularly when Kat constantly tried to make it look that way. 

"It'll be fun if he's there," I simply stated. "We always have a good time at parties together."

What was so wrong about wanting to spend time with my boyfriend, especially considering we didn't hang out much at school? It was through going to parties together that Matt and I had got together, the alcohol and intimate environment allowing us to become physically closer, and so I always had fond memories about them.

"Don't be pathetic," Nathan told me, with a short laugh. I looked at him in utter surprise, unsure if his laugh was amusement or pity. "I'm sorry, but you need to hear it from someone honest," he continued. "And you are. You're being pathetic. Do you want to hear my advice?"

Suddenly, I didn't even want to hear his voice, never mind his damn advice. "Not especially," I muttered, casting my eyes back over my Spanish text book. 

"Tough, 'cause you're getting it. Have the upper hand for once. Tell him you're going to the party. Don't ask him if he's going. Trust me; if he knows you're going, he'll want to go. There's no way he'll let you go to a party by yourself. He'll want to keep his eye on you, check you're not making out with me in dark corners."

"Well I won't be," I said through gritted teeth. "Matt trusts me."

Nathan shrugged. "Just try it."

"And what if he says he's not going?"

"Then shrug it off and say never mind but you hope he has a good night. Do it, Bella. I dare you. And whatever he says, don't back down. You're going to that party, okay?"

Apparently I was.

-

So, Friday afternoon, as we were walking out of school, I brought it up just as Matt was about to get in his car. 

"I'll see you later, then," I said to him. 

He paused, watching me carefully. "Later?" he repeated. 

"Yeah. At the party."

"Oh," he said. I watched him think for a bit; the cogs were almost visibly spinning inside his head. "You're going?"

I shrugged, feigning casual indifference. I needed to play this cool. If Nathan's advice worked, then great. If it didn't then I'd have an excuse never to have to listen to him again. "Sure. It sounds like it'll be good."

"I wasn't planning on going."

"Oh. Never mind. I'll see you Monday, then."

Smiling, I pulled my bag further onto my shoulder to indicate that I was about to walk away. Nathan would be proud; I wasn't even asking to meet up this weekend.