First Conversations Aren't Always Fun

"Oh, thank God!" Brandi let out when the bell rang. That chemistry class was killing her little by little.

She closed her book and notebook slowly, got her bag and stood up. When she was trailing out of the classroom, she stopped. A figure stood by the door. She looked down and continued walking. 'Don't give intotemptation.Be cool. Be cool.' she thought while walking out the classroom.

"It sure takes you a lot of time to gather your things up."

"Yeah." she still was looking down and didn't stop walking, trailing now to her locker "So, did something happen?" she asked as she opened her locker.

"No, why you say that?"

"Oh, nothing, it's just that you were waiting by the classroom. Who were you waiting for?"

"Well, you." Seth smiled his sweet smile. Brandi's heart melted a little bit, but she hid her smile behind the locker door.

"Yeah?" she still had the smile on.

"Yep. I was wondering if we could have lunch together."

"I don't know, Seth." she closed her locker and started walking. Seth followed her.

"Come on. What's the harm in that, huh? I can assure you you'll get some laughs."

"What do you mean?"

"Well... I don't mean to brag, but I am entertaining."

"Oh, you don't mean to brag, huh?" Brandi smiled.

"See? I didn't even start and you're already smiling!" Brandi shook her head "Come on! Have lunch with me."

"I'm not even hungry." she lied. Except for the day before that one, Brandi was always hungry.

"Just sit with me, then."

"Seth..." she started, but Seth cut her off.

"I can't take no for an answer. You said no to the mall yesterday and you can't say no twice in a row."

"Says who?" she grinned.

"Says me. Now, let's go." Seth grabbed her by the wrist and pushed her into the cafeteria.

.

"So... no band t-shirts today, huh?"

"That's not all I wear, Seth." they placed their trays on the table and sat down.

"What else do you like to listen to, besides Green Day."

"I actually don't have a favorite band."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. What I do have are favorite lyrics. There are too many songs that I can relate to. There's always a new song coming out that express exactly how I feel at a certain time of my life, you know? I love music, but the lyrics are what mean the most to me. I'm always paying attention to them, so if I feel it matches me and my personality or some phase in my life, I'll download and burn it. Still prefer to listen to CDs than iPods for some weird reason I'm still not sure of." Brandi started to eat her salad. She looked up and Seth was smiling "What?" she asked.

"It's just that I feel like that sometimes. About lyrics, I mean. I'm all for the iPod. But I do have my favorite bands..."

"Like what?"

"Death cab for cutie, The Hives, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Noah and the Whale..."

"Basically hipster, then?" she grinned.