Arrangements

"Still no sign of her, man." Seth was waiting for Ryan on his way out of Chemistry class.

"Seth, don't tell me you were hiding in the bathroom just so you wouldn't see her."

"Come on, Ryan, give me some faith, will you? Of course I wasn't!"

"But you weren't eager to find her also."

"Well, that..."

"Ok. I see. So let's find her."

"Where's Marissa?"

"She had to be dismissed from class. Some meeting. They are doing this party next month and they have to start organizing it."

"Right. Boring!"

"Tell me about it. Now, pay attention. See if you find her." Ryan ordered his best friend.

"Ok."

'Ok, now what?' Brandi thought to herself as soon as she got out of class. She calmly headed to her locker and placed her books inside it. She gathered some courage before closing it and heading towards the cafeteria. She thought of skipping lunch that day, but she was feeling really hungry, because she didn't have breakfast, she was feeling so nervous in the morning that she just had a glass of orange juice.

Ryan and Seth continued walking through the halls of Harbor High. They had been to the library and to Brandi's locker, but hadn't found her yet.

"Maybe she didn't come today." Seth said.

"Maybe. But why wouldn't she come?" Ryan asked.

"Maybe because she already married Colin, the New York stud. What's the point of high school once you're happily married?"

"Seth, don't be stupid."

"Well, Ryan, I think there's a great possibility of it happening and..." suddenly, Seth stopped talking. She stood just a few feet away from him. And she looked great. She was wearing a baby pink sweater, black capris and black high heel sandals. Her make-up was perfect and her hair, impeccable. What was he gonna say to her now that she was heading his way?

"So, Cohen, engaged yet?" Summer stopped in front of the two of them, crossed her arms around her breasts and tapped her right foot. She wasn't the girl Seth was hoping to see, but he knew he'd come across Summer eventually during that day.

"Excuse me?"

"With that New York bitch. Engaged already? You were so in love with her, remember you told me last night?"

"Summer, I really..." Seth started but got interrupted by Summer.

"You know what, Cohen? You don't have to say anything. That's fine. And you know why? Because I don't care about you anymore. You're totally out off my life, and this time is for good, so... Forget it. I don't wanna know." Summer turned around and disappeared just like that.

"You told Summer how you feel about Brandi?" Ryan asked incredulous.

"Well, actually..."

"You must really like this girl, Seth. You told Summer about her!" Ryan was surprised.

"Well, you see..." Seth started but then he spotted the girl that he was secretly hoping to bump into, but was also trying to avoid. There she was, waiting in line to pay for her double burger, fries and diet orange soda. A smile showed up on Seth's face. Yes. He was certain now. That was the girl he loved. He loved that girl wearing that green 'The Strokes' baby-look t-shirt, jeans skirt and a matching pair of green Adidas. Her perfectly long and curly auburn hair was tied up in a ponytail. Brandi smiled as the cashier handed her her change and she headed outside to get a table.