... But Not Quite There Yet

Brandi sat on her car, looking at all the beautiful people arriving at Harbor High. She stood there, sitting in her car, just watching. She wasn't feeling good enough to enter her high school corridors. She was certain that Seth would soon find her and she didn't wanna tell him how she felt about him. He was gonna hurt her and tell her he didn't feel the same way about her. Or worse. Brandi would enter the corridors and would soon see Seth and Summer holding hands, walking around like a happy couple totally in love with each other.

Brandi closed her eyes for a while, took a deep breath. And another one. And one more before opening the door of her car and heading out of the vehicle.

"Ok. Then I'll talk to you guys at lunch, then." Seth waved from inside the car to Ryan and Marissa.

"Seth, get out of the car." Ryan ordered.

"No, I'm fine here. It's cozy. Really nice car, Marissa. Never really noticed and..."

"Seth. Out!" Ryan asked again.

"What's wrong with him?" Marissa whispered to Ryan.

"You don't wanna know." Ryan answered and turned to Seth again "Get out! Now!"

"Ok, ok." Seth dragged himself out of the car and closed the door behind him "Jeez, why do you have to be so mean?"

"Because you ask me to. Now, go." Ryan gave his friend a little push on the back and Seth headed toward the corridors.

"Fine!" Seth didn't sound or looked too excited "I'll see you guys at lunch. Bye."

"Is everything ok?" Marissa asked as soon as Seth was far enough from them so he wouldn't listen to their talk.

"Yes. He's just over dramatic, that's all."

"But what happened? Why didn't he wanna leave the car?"

"Oh, it's a long story. And a boring one. But come on, I'll tell you some of it on our way to Physics."

They linked their hands and headed to class.

Seth entered the halls and looked down. He really didn't wanna bump into Brandi. He wasn't feeling prepared to tell her about his feelings. And he was really worried about what might have happened between her and Colin the night before. So he kept his head low and trailed to his locker.

Brandi looked at the steps that led to the halls. She closed her eyes for two seconds, opened it up, shook her head and headed inside.

'Ok. No sign of Seth. That's good. That's good. I think I might be able to get to my first class and not bump into him. Great. Ok. I'm at my locker already. Good. Now get your books really fast and get out of here. Ok. Got them. Heading for class. I'm heading for class and still no sign of Seth. Good. Good. Almost there, almost there. Now, just turn right and I'm there. Unless he's waiting right here for me. No. Good. No Seth. Great. Yes! I'm in class. I made it! Great. Now sit. Ok. Now just do this the entire day and you might miss him, Brandi. Good girl.'

Brandi opened her books and notebook and when the teacher finally closed the door to begin class, that's when she felt more relieved. No Seth. Not yet, anyways.