And So It Is

John knocked on Brandi's door.

"He's here." he said and was closing the door behind him when Brandi called out for him.

"Johnny!"

"Yeah?"

"Can you please distract him while I finish here?"

"Finish what? You look great!"

"Johnny, please?"

"Alright, alright." Johnny rolled his eyes and closed the door behind him.

"Thanks!" Brandi said louder so her brother would listen to her from behind the door "Ok, ok. So what's missing?" she took her twentieth look at the mirror "Oh!" she ran to her closet.

"So, she's getting downstairs in a minute." John informed Seth as he motioned for him to enter the house and head to the living room.

"Oh, ok. Thanks, man."

"Sure." John nodded.

There was an awkward silence there and Seth being Seth couldn't let that happen.

"I never really had the chance to apologize properly for that night at the restaurant when you and Bran—"

"Oh, don't worry. Honest mistake!" John cut him off.

Seth nodded and played with his fingers.

"So, you're in college, huh?" Seth insisted on the little talk.

"Yep." John nodded.

"Freshman?"

"Nope. Sophome."

"Oh, cool. And do you know your major yet?"

"Physical Therapist."

"Wow, that's... different. Don't ever -"

At that moment, Seth stopped talking and stood up. Brandi was entering the room and she looked stunning. For Seth, because she was pretty much wearing her regular clothes: a black pair of Capri pants, a pinky baby-tee and black high-heel sandals.

John passed by her, kissed her on the forehead and headed to his room.

They stood still for a while, just looking at each other. She timidly smiled and he maintained the huge one he had on since the minute she walked into the room.

She looked down at what she was holding in her hands and headed towards him.

"Very sneaky you are." she waved the CD she had in her right hand "I never noticed you placed this CD inside my purse. When was it?"

"Today, at lunch." he got closer to her "I can be pretty sneaky, you know?" he raised an eyebrow, which made her giggle and looked down a bit.

'She is perfect.' he thought.

'He is perfect.' she thought.

"So..." they both said at the same time.

"Go ahead." Brandi said.

"No, please, you first. It's your house."

"This being my house, I rule here, so... you go first." she showed off her tongue a little and he chuckled.

"Ok, your house, your rules." he took her hands in his and she held her breath for a brief second, taken aback by his action "Can we first sit down?"

He led her to the couch. She didn't say a thing, just sat beside him and placed the CD on the table in front of them.

Seth was looking down at his hands when he began.

"Ok. So, here's the thing." he looked up at her and stopped for a while. She had just some eyeliner and lip gloss on, but she looked amazing. He smiled fondly.