Dinner Time

"What time did they say they'd be here?" Ryan looked at his watch once again. It was 7:30 already.

"They said 7, but you know girls. They are probably late because their lip gloss didn't match the earrings they are wearing. You know?"

"Those stupid things they take so long to get over with and care so much about and we don't even realize there's something about it?" Ryan smiled.

"Exactly what I'm saying, my man!" Seth grinned.

"Yeah..." Ryan nodded and looked at the door. At that moment, the two of them were entering the restaurant "Oh, thank God they are finally here."

"Hey." Marissa greeted and Ryan stood up to kiss her lightly on the lips.

"Hey." he said softly and motioned for her to sit next to him.

"Hey, you!" Seth greeted Summer with a huge smile on.

"Whatever." she sat down beside him.

"So..." Seth started when the four of them were all seated "The four of us here, having dinner... Just like old times, huh?"

"Except that there's only one couple here now, Cohen." Summer glanced at the menu.

"I already told you on the phone today, Summer, that's only a matter of time."

"Yeah, keep dreaming."

"Don't worry. I will. It came true once, so why wouldn't it twice?" Summer just shot him a look.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm starving." Marissa said to break the awkward moment.

"Me too. Why don't we decided what we're gonna eat already?" Ryan asked.

None of them opposed to that and searched for something to eat on the menu.

"Ok. The order is in mom's name. You just go inside and ask for it, alright? They said it'd be ready by the time we got here." Johnny informed his little sister.

"You go. Look what I'm wearing. I thought you were gonna get it, so I didn't even get dressed properly." Brandi informed Johnny.

"Why did you think I asked you to come, Bran? To get the food!"

"Oh, and here was I thinking you just wanted your cool little sis's company. Silly me."

"Aw..." Johnny kissed her cheek when she turned around and crossed her arms over her chest "It's not that, it's just that I don't wanna get it, that's all."

"Oh, ok. So, if Mister USC doesn't wanna get it, then I should, right?"

"Right. Glad you understood it. Now go." Johnny even opened the door for his sister to get out of the car.

"Urgh." Brandi got out off annoyed 'I'm wearing sweat shorts and this awful t-shirt. Urgh. I hate Johnny!'

When she entered the restaurant, she went straight to the counter.

"Hi, may I help you?" the female bartender asked her.

"Yes, please. We called earlier and I'm here to pick up Alice Jackson's order."

"Oh, yes. The shrimps. Let me go check on that. Wait a minute, please."

"Great!" Brandi exclaimed sarcastically, knowing it would take a while for the order to get ready and she hated waiting.

There were no stools by the counter, so she decided to sit at a small table in the corner and wait for the attendant to get back. She sat there and tapped her foot. She hated waiting... So she decided to take her mind off of it for a second and remember her talk with Maggie that afternoon.