The Perfect Idea

"Your ideas aren't exactly what I was looking for, Ryan." Seth and Ryan sat on the couch in the TV room and were discussing what to do about Brandi's situation for over an hour now.

"Then I'm out of ideas. I already told you everything I think would be reasonable for you to say or do to win her back."

"You know what, Atwood?" suddenly Seth snapped "Maybe you were right before."

"About what?"

"About you not knowing Brandi that well..."

"Well, what do you..."

"I just thought of something that she told me and that would fit perfectly in this situation!" Seth stood up with his notebook and pencil in hand "That's it! How could I have not thought about it before? How stupid am I?" Seth hit his own forehead.

"Seth, are you sure..."

"Ryan, I'll handle things from now on. Thanks... for nothing." and then Seth disappeared from the TV room, rushing by Sandy and Kirsten.

"Wow, what is going on here?" Sandy asked Ryan as soon as the couple joined him in the TV room.

"Girl trouble." Ryan answered.

"Still troubles with Summer?" Kirsten asked.

"Oh, not Summer."

"What are you saying? Summer is out of the picture?" Sandy raised his thick eyebrows.

"Seems like it."

"And why haven't you guys told us any of these?"

"I don't know... Seth just met this girl. She's new in school she just came from New York and..."

"She's from New York? I'm from New York!" Sandy exclaimed.

"Honey, Ryan knows that. Everybody knows that, actually." Kirsten smiled weakly at her husband "But, what does Seth have to do with this New York girl?"

"I think he's starting to like her."

"Really? That's wonderful! So he is definitely over Summer." Kirsten said.

"That I'm actually not so sure of."

"But you just said he likes the New York girl." Sandy was confused.

"Yeah... but... it's confusing. I think not even I know what's going on with Seth. He's just confused."

"Oh, but she's a New Yorker. He gotta be careful with New Yorkers. They are not like the O.C. girls." Sandy warned.

"Oh, that we both can tell. She's different alright." Ryan smiled big.

"What do you mean she's different?" Kirsten asked worried.

"Oh, it's not a bad different, actually, it's a very good different, because she has a pretty strong personality and won't change it for nothing just because she's in L.A. now."

"I'm starting to like this girl already." Sandy stated.

"Perhaps you should invite her over for dinner." Kirsten said.

"Oh, I won't come between those two. Ask Seth to invite her to dinner."

"Why do you say that?"

"I can see he's a little jealous about my relationship with Brandi."

"Oh, her name is Brandi. That's nice." Kirsten grinned.

"Yeah..." Ryan nodded.

"But why is he jealous of you? Did something happen?" Sandy asked, worried.