Everything Changes

"Come on in." Brandi said so Colin would get in her room "And this is the final room. My room." Brandi's room was the last one she had to show to Colin. It was his first time being in her Californian house, so she had to show everything to him.

"Bran, everything is fantastic. You got yourself an amazing house. It's so huge! So different from our apartments in New York!"

"I know." Brandi sat on her bed and so did Colin "But I guess I prefer my New York apartment. And my New York life too, as a matter of fact."

"I miss your New York life too." Colin stated and she found his eyes.

"Colin... what was it that you wanted to tell me?" Brandi had a hunch, but she couldn't say anything. She had to hear it from him. And if it really was what she was thinking, she didn't know what she would do.

"You know it, already."

"No I don't."

"You do. I can see it in your eyes that you already do know what I wanna tell you."

"I don't know. I swear. If I did know, I wouldn't be asking."

"You do know, but you're afraid of it. So you want me to tell you so you can be sure. But still, you're afraid of hearing it. You don't wanna know or hear it."

"Colin, I..." Brandi started, but didn't know how to carry it on.

"Yes?"

"I don't know." she lied.

"Brandi, for the love of God." Colin got a little pissed off "I know you do. You know I love you still." Brandi found his eyes again "You know I've never stopped loving you since the first second I met you. But I thought you'd never stop loving me. Especially in such a short time. You left New York a week ago. You loved me a week ago." Colin stopped talking to see what Brandi's reaction would be.

"I... I really don't know... I don't know what to say." Brandi was totally speechless.

It was true. Brandi did love Colin the week before. She loved him very much and the thought of stop loving him never crossed her mind. But now, a week later, she couldn't understand how she could have falling for Seth Cohen so quickly and so hard as she has. She was confused and this conversation wasn't gonna help her figure things out.

"Tell me you don't love that boy." Colin asked, but regretted the second he finished the sentence "Actually, don't. Because then I'd know you'd be lying. And I'd hate to see you lying to my face." Colin shook his head "I want to hear it from you. I want to hear the truth. Tell me you stopped loving me. Tell me you don't love me anymore." Brandi looked rapidly up.

"No! I can't tell you that!" some light inside Colin lit up. He felt a little bit better, because he could sense Brandi was telling the truth. She couldn't tell Colin she didn't love him anymore.

"Brandi... come on. Just tell me." he insisted on getting it out of her. To see if she really didn't love him anymore. He had to be sure of it.

"Baby, stop!" Brandi hugged him tight "I love you. I love you so much. Don't do this to me. Please." the tears started to fall and Colin hugged her back "I'm just confused about that stupid boy, but I know I do love you, Colin. I'm not confused about that. At all." Colin felt relieved.

"Sh... That's fine... Everything's fine."

"No, everything is not fine!" Brandi pushed away from the hug "You love me. You just said it. And I know I love you, too. That's not right. That boy being in the middle of it is not right. It's not right for us." Brandi wiped the tears away from her face. In a sudden move, she got closer to Colin and kissed him passionately.

"Ok. Now, wait a sec." Seth gently pushed Summer away.

"I knew it." Summer started to cry.

"What? Why... Why are you crying?" Seth asked.

"I knew you liked her. I knew it and I insisted on telling myself that you still loved me."

"Summer, now, don't be..."

"Seth, why do you have to love her? Why? You were in love with me from the time you were ten years old."

"Eight." Seth looked down.

"See? Since you were eight years old! And now this... Ew-girl shows up and in a week she changes what you've been feeling for me since you were eight? Who does she think she is?"

"Summer, it's not her fault."

"I can't believe you're actually reassuring me that she did changed what you felt about me. Oh, God!" Summer stood up and started to walk away.

"Summer, that's not it." Seth stood right behind her.

"Then what is it, Cohen?" Summer stopped and turned to face him "Tell me. What is it? What's the story?"

"I..." Seth couldn't speak.

"Yeah... That's what I thought." Summer shook her head and walked away. Seth stood there watching her.

"I love Brandi. That's the story." he whispered to thin air.