A Decision Made

'This situation is getting more complicated by the minute. I just got out of History class and guess what? Seth and Summer will be joining me the entire school year. Yes. Isn't that just perfect? Just what I needed? I didn'teven want Seth in the same class as me, because I can assure you that it will only make me fall faster for him, but not only do I get Seth in the same class, but also Summer! That's just terrific! Suddenly my life seems... Idon't even know what my life seems like anymore. It's just such a mess. I hate it here. I thought that I could have an ok life being friends with Seth and all... of course I'd still fall for him, but he didn't have to know about it,so nothing would ever come out of it... but no! There's Summer. And Summer is just... a problem. She's a problem because Seth clearly still loves her. And because she clearly still loves him back. And I'm trapped in themiddle of this soup opera.

I don't belong here. Everything that happens here turns into such a drama! I see girls crying in the cafeteria, in the library, in the bathroom... what is that all about? I've never felt so out of place in my life!

If Seth and Summer still love each other, why don't they just go and make up already? Jeez! I'm starting to get mad at them both. My life used to be like that when I was like, what? 12? But they're 17, for Christ's sake! Why don't they just get together already that way I can see them together and maybe then, and only then, I'll fall out of love with Seth? That could help, right? Because then I'll clearly see he wants nothing to do with me. Because I'm... not so sure about that.

I mean... I know he loves Summer, but like today, in class, we just never stopped talking. We have so much fun together, and he wouldn't be talking to me if he didn't like my company. So maybe something could come out of it. But nah. That's just me getting my my hopes up. Of course he wants nothing like... romantic with me. I bet he was just talking to me nonstop, one, because, well, he's Seth and he can't just stop talking, and two, because Summer was there and he wanted to make her jealous.

I don't know... Seth is the closest thing I have to a friend here in Hellifornia. So I guess I should just jump into this opportunity and make him my friend, right?

Ok, so it's settled. I'm gonna try my best to be friends with Seth. Really close friends. And that's gonna be awesome. Oh, God, I wrote 'awesome'. I'm starting to sound like Seth already. Oh, God, help me.'

Brandi closed her diary. The bell still hadn't rang, so she decided to go to the cafeteria to get something to drink.

"An iced soy latte, please?" she asked the barista.