Chapter 8: Blood Crazy

"Charlie will forgive you." Edward told Bella in monotone. He had taken the driver's seat.

"You never saw his face. What I said was the same thing that my mom said when she walked out on him and Kayla." Bella fidgeted next to me.

I banged my head against the window when she said that as it was a reminder that my mom never cared or wanted me. Edward looked at me with pity. I am used to the fact my mom never wanted me, Hell no one wants me and I know it.

"Relax, it's just Emmett. Alice and Jasper are in the truck behind us," Edward assured us.

My Rez friends leaving me and now being hunted down by a tracker vampire was never part of any plan in my life. This whole supernatural crap wasn't supposed to happen; Bella wasn't supposed to come here and fuck up my life with her sorry self.

Getting out of the vehicle having arrived at the Cullen home, we were greeted by an unexpected guest, Laurent. Edward guarded Bella in a defensive stance.

"He came to warn us," Carlisle spoke as Laurent walked up toward Edweirdo.

"I have grown tired of the games that James plays. He will not stop hunting you; it is what he lives for. I came to warn you that his senses are absolutely lethal. I have never seen anything like it in my three hundred years," Laurent said his voice velvety and could put you into daze. Edward nodded as the man quickly took his leave after informing us.

Me and Bella were taken down into the garage where the rest of the Cullen's were rushing about getting things ready.

"I have never been one to enjoy killing. Even if it is someone like James." Carlisle sighed.

"Wait. You can die for real?" I thought that they couldn't be harmed, that they couldn't be killed due to their strength, speed, and their bodies which are rock hard.

"We can and it is not easy. We have to tear him apart and burn the pieces," Carlisle informed me. Edward nodded giving Esme and Rosalie some of Bella's ugly cloths.

"Why are you just giving them my clothing and not Kayla's too?" Bella asked with a frown.

"Because James smelled you, not Kayla so much. If James kills Kayla she will just be an appetizer," Rosalie explained not beating around the bush.

"What is she to me?" Rosalie asked gesturing at Bella's jacket. Even though she is pregnant they still want her to do this.

"Rosalie, Bella is our family now as well as her sister. We protect our family." Carlisle placed his hand on Rosalie's shoulder. Rosalie looked into my hazel eyes; she most likely did not see anything. She frowned as she passed me giving my shoulder a comforting squeeze

"Are you sure it's safe for rose in her condition?" I ask no one.

"Yes, she will be fine. The baby is still going to take time growing and with strong vampire strength and powers they will help keep the baby stable and adapted to her body."

Alice and Jasper took me and Bella to their car. We are going to go away trying to lead the tracker away from us. On the bright side, it may work. I hope that Rose will be okay, as it wouldn't be fair if she lost her baby and her life for us stupid humans that have stumbled into their perfect lives because Edward and Bella couldn't stay away from each other.

I watched Alice and Jasper holding hands over the gear stick, even though Jasper was driving. That moment proved to me that there was something human in their immortality. At least to these vampires there is: Carlisle's compassion, Esme's mothering instinct, Rosalie's hatred and protectiveness and understanding.

I haven't given them enough credit but why should I when knowing them has landed us all into the mess we are in right now. Yea, I like Jasper and Rose that is it and they are practically twins. I really didn't want their lives to become more complicated up even more because utter chaos has been stirred.

I'd rather stay human than endure centuries of torture watching loved ones die and here you are living with this guilt that its somehow your fault because you did not turn them or something. I would rather die than be a vampire.

I am angry at Bella and Edweirdo more so than them none of this would be happening right now if it wasn't for their selfishness and inability to stay away from each other.

"Kayla calm down, I don't want to project any of these emotions onto anyone else, they are strong and dangerous," Jasper warned with concern. Why? I move my eyes to the rear view mirror and meet Jaspers golden eyes that turn black. Alice once told me when his eyes turn black that it's the Major coming out.

Major Jasper Whitlock is who he is. Alice has changed him and if I'm being honest I feel like it should be the real jasper walking around here not some fake. He fought in the confederate army. I think that is why I feel drawn to jasper because of all the things he has experienced in his immortal and mortal lifetime.

"Jasper," I whisper and his eyes turned back to the gold hue. It seems I have been doing that a lot lately, whispering. I felt tears prickling my eyes and threating to fall. I feel like this is infidelity of some kind but when I looked at Alice she just smiled with a knowing look. She is just weird.

We got a nice guest room in phoenix where we would wait for Edward to call us on news about James. Jasper and Alice ordered room service for food. I did not eat, drink, nor try to sleep. I could feel myself slipping away and I just want to get rid of the pain!

I decided a bath would be soothing. My long hair soaking up the water quickly, it is relaxing but I just need to get away for a minute. I let myself go under the water, my pulse was speeding up, my heart thumping loudly in my ears as I held my breath. The longer I wait the slower it becomes. I feel all my emotions go away. Not having to think about anything. All to soon I was being pulled into a rock-hard chest. I coughed up some water that I had breathed.

Jasper. His touch sent tingles down my spine in an effective way.

"Why would you do this?" his voice sounded hurt. I hugged him tighter not caring of my nudity right now but I felt so useless, worthless it's because I am. I can't even answer the question of why is my life falling apart.

"God Kayla your emotions cause much agony. I want you to feel better. I want to make you feel better, but every time I see you your pain increases. This though, you cannot do this, "He grips me tighter, if I cared I would have said it hurt but I just cried into him releasing all my pent-up emotions. After a bit he reluctantly let me go.

"Kayla, you need to get dressed and you are going to go to sleep." His eyes were black and I did not protest. It was a demand from major and I only obliged to his wishes.

When he left the bathroom. I put on my red tank top and my cotton PINK! Shorts. I walked back into the room and I laid down on the bed underneath the soft white covers. I closed my eyes but before I fell asleep I felt a cold but soft gentle hand caress my cheek.

"You'll be fine my love, sleep tight," I heard faintly coming from the southern accent, I likes so much but do not get to hear much.