Chapter 38: Of course you can...

▫LEELAND PAUL SMITH
▫LEELA MARIE SMITH
▫KAYLA MARIE SMITH
▫JASPER WHITLOCK SMITH
▫PAUL LAHOTE SMITH

So, I have updated and it has not been spellchecked because I forgot to renew my Microsoft Office...

ENJOY...IT WILL BE RE-EDITED AND REVIEWS SOON ENOUGH!

I couldn't part with the babies when it was bedtime last night leading to me not seeing the nursery that was set up by Jasper and Paul. I was super ecstatic to see what they had managed to create while I was in the hospital. They had finished it beforehand but learning about a second baby, things had to get re-done.

Leela lays between my breast and Leeland by my side. She's awake and I stroke her soft white hair in a calming gesture. She's perfect in my eyes, they are both perfect and I can't believe I was this blessed even so young, it's better now than never.

"Kayla, it's my turn with them while you shower," Paul announces from the bedroom door and I groan not wanting to let go of my precious beings.

"I don't want to," I mutter childishly. I spent almost three weeks without my babygirl and I feel uncomfortable losing any more time with either of them.

Paul comes towards the bed and I frown when he scoops Leeland into his arms. Seeing his smile down at our son melts my heart and I feel as if I need nothing more than my family right now and no matter what happens now that I am finally feeling stress free besides the whole deal with my mother. I know It will be alright.

"He looks like you," I smile tiredly up at him. The wolves and the Vampires are lucky they don't need a lot of sleep to keep energized unlike I do.

"I know but I think he's got the characteristic of quietness from your sister," I raise an eyebrow not knowing If I want my kids to inherit anything from Isabella.

"I personally wouldn't compare him to my family...," I trail off not wanting to allow anything harsh leave my mouth.

His brown eyes narrow down at me and I hold his gaze "You can't hold selfishness against someone who is trying to change," Me and Bella did mend things and I forgave her for what she had done but those characteristics she has or had aren't the best.

"I know I just want my kids to have their own characteristics you know, Like Leela has the physical difference-," I am cut off by his warm lips connecting with mine, caressing mine open causing goosebumps to rise on my skin as heat rushes through my body.

He pulls away and I fight the urge to pull him close but Leela starts to whimper and I scoot up against the headboard rocking gently.

"I have news," Jasper leans against the door frame and I smile over at him.

"What is it?" I ask gesturing for him to come sit on the bed as Paul lay at the end with Leeland on his chest, rubbing his back.

Jasper sits properly and I envy his poise and demand of respect just by being in the room.

"Our official last name is Smith as of three hours ago," I laugh excitedly looking down at my girl and over at Paul, then back to Jasper the man who can do it all.

"So, we are the Smiths' I love it! Something new and old at the same time,"

------

Later on, in the day as I lay against the black leather couch with Leeland in my arms I sigh feeling content with being home and able to just relax without worry. Jasper is in the kitchen cooking something that smells very good to me, then there is Paul who is holding Leela admiring her unique markings on the matching recliner.

There is a loud knock on the front door and Paul is quick to look towards the hall that leads to the entrance of our abode. "I don't recognize the smell," He frowns looking into my eyes "Two humans."

"I've got the door!" Jasper is the only to respond as we sit holding the small children protectively in our arms.

"It's no one bad, right?" I ask Paul fearful that someone is coming to take them, if anyone knew that our Leela was a hybrid if not something even rarer it would be the end of us.

I hear multiple footsteps coming towards us and I relax seeing that Jasper is fine with the intruders. I hear the hushed whispers of a female and a male but I couldn't quite make out to whom they belonged.

Jasper enter first looking very formal in a casual get up. A red flannel shirt and grey skinny Jeans with black combat boots. The corner of his pink lips arch into a small smile before it vanishes and I crinkle my eyebrows in confusion. My mother and Phil stand before me and all I can do is stare at her in utter disbelief.

I grip Leeland a bit tighter feeling my heart constrict. I thought she wouldn't show up ever, I thought she was putting us off or me as she's done so many times, yet the woman that I had found cold and distant my whole life is here in the house that Paul, Jasper, and I have created in the months of my pregnancy and much more to come soon after.

Her reddish-brown hair is longer that it had been when I last seen her, her skin is tan from the Arizona sun. Her brown eyes stare into mine without looking away as she has done in the past when coming around. She's gained some weight, not as thin as I have always seen her. The last time I saw her I did not acknowledge her appearance then. I wanted her gone from my hospital room with all of the negativity that had surrounded her.

"Hey Kay, it's been a while," Phil breaks the silence in the room and I look over to the man. He has always looked young. I guess being carefree can do that to a person. His eyes are shining as his gaze wonders down to the bundle in my arms.

"Long time No see," I let an awkward chuckle leave my mouth averting my gaze. I don't know if I can do this. I can feel eyes on me but I am most thankful when Paul stands with Leela walking towards the couple.

"Hello, Phil and Rene, it's a pleasure to meet you," Paul stands and shakes hands with the two, Jasper had let them inside and ran off back to the kitchen like such the kind gentleman he is.

" Can I see her," My mother ask looking towards me for the confirmation instead of Paul who hold her. Pros and Cons of allowing her to touch my children. She develops a connection and wants to be a part of their upbringing leading to the rekindling of our relationship that has been long overdue. She could also leave once I begin to question her. She holds my babies then up and leaves saying it's too much and that she's holding them back. I grit my teeth inhaling and exhaling.

"Of course, you can, I wouldn't not let you," My voice low and fragile as I speak. I feel out of my body and hot. This is too much too soon, I wanted her here and now that she is, I feel numb. It's an odd revelation that my mother may be my greatest fear.