Video

I sat and watched as he kept replaying the video over and over and over.

It didn't make any sense and still made eye tricks even on the fiftieth watch.

It made sense up until it reached the part where the car should've hit me.

I mean, there I was running across the street then looking like I was having a seizure, (my face always gets hot at that part), and then bam.

A flash type thing appears and disappears and I'm on Caden's lawn and the car stops.

The man had been filming a vlog for his website on drag racing or something he claims and this happened.

He was rambling on and on about how shocked and confused he was but I hadn't heard a word.

The only thing I could hear was the words I'd heard. I knew it was Sean but I was still debating whether or not it was all in my head. It was impossible.

I watched, intrigued as he slowed it down and replayed it.

You could see me run in slow motion, then slowly spas out.

My face got hot as I continued watching.

Not a person but a flash of what seemed to be a figure was slowly running towards me then disappeared before it reached me, then reappeared as a flash.

When the flash came up on the video, you couldn't see me, it was like I'd turned into a flash then disappeared afterward.

The man was so shocked that he shut off his phone, jumped up off the grass and continued pacing and freaking out.

I wasn't scared, I don't know why.

That's new for me.

Odd even.

As I sat there, I hear a creak from behind and instantly turn to look.

It was Caden, standing in the doorway, an eyebrow raised.

"Uh, what's up?" He asked, confused.

Just then, I'd remembered our argument and in my head, things got awkward.

"Well, this guy had his car and it hit me but didn't hit me and then there was a flash and Sean was all like 'My kite' and stuff and that guy was all like 'OMG what do we do?' and then I was kinda ignoring him for awhile and then I got bored and then I was like..."

"Shut up!" Caden yelled as my voice trailed off. "You need help like for real this time." He was joking but I didn't laugh.

I didn't know how to explain so I just showed him the video on the guys phone he'd recorded it all on.

He sat, nothing really readable on his face.

But I knew he was feeling something.

Something he hadn't felt, or shown that he'd felt in a long while.

Caden was scared. I'd never seen him scared in years. Our 'condition' had totally different effects on us. For me, it made my brain overly scared in the worst situations but for him, it just made him forget how to feel.

In a way, his was worse than mine.

I didn't like it. When he was scared, I was scared, but golly, when wasn't I scared? Well, when wasn't my brain scared anyway?

"You okay?"

"Do you still have that kite?" He asked, still starring at the screen.

"Uh, well yeah. Why?"

He looked me in the eyes.

"Where?"