Sean

I sat and stared in confusion. I rubbed my eyes and blinked wildly just in case my eyes were deceiving me.

Unfortunately they weren't, I was actually seeing this before me. There, in the tree of his back yard maybe five or six yards away, sat Sean.

He was on a branch. His back was up against the trunk of the tree and his feet were crossed as they rest on the outstretched branch. His arms were crossed in his lap.

At first glance it seemed as though he were staring towards his house but as I focused my eyes on the boy, I saw that his eyes were closed.

That's how I knew he was real. Not a ghost I mean.

Ghosts don't sleep. Or so I don't think they do anyways but nonetheless, I believed this was a sign of his mortality.

Of course, I very well had seen him die but now that I actually think back, there hasn't been a funeral. The thought sent chills down my spine. I'd never noticed that before.

It's possible he's alive no matter how Insane it sounded. I could sit and wonder or I could go over there. Maybe even wake him.

I wasn't the type to sit back and watch things happen, that I was sure of. At that thought, I stood.

Caden instantly reacted. "What are you gonna do?" His voice was filled with nothing but fright. I could tell he didn't want anything to do with what was about to happen.

"I'm gonna wake him." I explained in a smooth voice, trying to keep him from getting scared again. I never thought I'd have to be the one doing that for him instead of the other way around.

He shook his head in a quick motion. "No no no, please don't. Hunter, please." Tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Don't worry. He won't hurt you. Just stay here, yeah?" I instructed.

He paused, looking up at me, dread in his eyes. He was brave though.

He nodded.

I gave him the 'you'll be okay' look before slowly making my way towards the resting tree climber.

As I got closer, I walked slower, careful not to wake him.

Before I knew it, I was under him. I quickly thought up a way to wake him in a peaceful manner just in case he wasn't quite a morning person.

I decided on a simple nudge of his foot. Not too forward but it would wake him peacefully I hoped.

My arm began extending slowly. His legs were just in my reach. I had almost been granted the experience of touching his pant leg but was interrupted my rustling coming from behind me.

I stopped my attempt at reaching and spun around. Caden was far out in my yard but was now standing. He seemed in a panic but remained still.

I tried to keep quiet yet calm him. I held out both of my hands as if signaling to stop. He began calming himself as I mouth the words, "Calm down."

He just nodded confidently but all of our progress plummeted off the face of the earth and something triggered his fear once again.

His face drained instantly and he began his usual staring that he recently started doing often. I wasn't quite sure what had caused his panic attack this time until I found his gaze to be directed just above my head.

I was insanely afraid to look up even though I already had a hunch as to what would be awaiting my gaze.

I had to.

I flicked my head up just to peer at Sean who was groggily looking down at me. My heart rate sped up a good five thousand beats per minute.

Then I hear a noise pattern. It was a noise your feet would make as you ran through thick grass. This indeed, was the exact noise.

Once I heard it, I looked towards Caden, ignoring Sean but all I could see was the back of Caden's head as he disappeared into the woods.