Red

"Caden..." I must have looked insane, the way I stared at him but I could tell something was hurting him.

"We need to go home. Now." He said. "Somethings wrong. My eyes burn so bad."

"I know they do. They're awful red. What did you touch?"

Before he could answer, he spotted Sean. He instantly backed up.

"Why would you bring him? Is supposed to help you find me? I told you I didn't wanna see him, of course you brought him along." He rambled.

"No, he just wanted to come. He was..."

"No." He cut me off.

"No?" I repeat.

"No. Never mind. I'll find my own way back. Im not going back with him."

I was upset by then. He refused to face Sean, so how could he act like he was a bad guy.

"Your a coward!" I yelled at him. "Maybe if you stopped running from him, then you'd actually see how great of a person he is. He's kind, he's calm, he..."

"He's this, he's that." He mocked. "What happen to us? What happened to all the nights we'd stay up just hanging out? What happened to our friendship? Now you can't even have me over 'cause of his stupid kite!"

"Hey!" Sean budded in, walking up behind me. He'd dropped the kite. "That's enough. You two need to stop. I'm not a bad guy but I don't want you to try and get to know me if you don't want to. Look, guys, if we don't leave now there won't be another chance for you two to fix your friendship. Do you understand how deep we are in these woods? Once we get outta here, I'll leave you alone. I never wanted to hurt you."

I sighed once I saw Caden's face. He wasn't gonna stop there.

"I don't even know what you are."

"I'm me!" Sean yelled in his face. "If you don't like it then how 'bout you go look me up."

"Look you up?" Caden asked.

Sean turned around and walked to the now landed kite. He bent down and picked it up.

Looking over his shoulder, he responds with, "Look me up. That's what I am."

Then he began walking again, but we'd came from East-directly the other way. Just straight that way for awhile and we'd be out. Instead, he took a right. That would only lead him God knows where.

"We came from straight that way." I yelled after him, gesturing the direction.

"I know." He said simply. "Change of plans. I'm not going with you."