28: FULLBACK FOLLY (JASON)

Photos - TRENTON

Photos - TRENTON

**

I had to wait around in the alley for a few minutes for my erection to go back down to normal. It isn't like you can just turn those things off, you know. I leaned against the wall of the Apple Store feeling like the biggest jerk in the world. Everybody was out there having a rally for 'Jacey', me and Johnny, and here I was hiding out dealing with a big boner for Corey, who was now back by the dumpsters smooching it up with Harry.

I could just picture my mom when I got back out there.

"What took you so long, Jason?"

"I had a big boner for Corey, mom. So I had to wait in the alley for it to go down."

And I could totally hear her responding, "Oh my. I guess boys will be boys, even you queer ones."

Those crazy church ladies out there were on to something. I should've just whistled them over and let them beat the crap out of me with their signs. Yah right.  Instead, I sent some tweets with pics I'd taken while we'd been talking to the others in the reception line, and I bragged to all our followers how cool the rally was.

When I did eventually get back out to the patio my mom hardly noticed me, so rapt she was in a discussion with Strike. She was practically falling all over him and I wondered what the hell he'd said to her to get her to be so attentive.

Johnny and Ginny were sitting with them but the Gay-Straight Alliance kids and Sammy had gone, and Vinnie and the strippers were nowhere to be seen.

"Where'd ya go?" Johnny asked me.

I rolled my eyes. "You wouldn't believe it."

Ginny gave me a knowing look. "I'm sure we would. C'mon, tell us."

I shook my head no, thinking how stupid it would sound, but I told them anyway. "Out in the back alley between two dumpsters."

They looked at each other and cracked up laughing.

"The ones behind the Thrift Shoppe?" Johnny asked.

"Yah, how do you know that?"

They laughed even harder.

"All right already," I grunted. "Tell me how you know."

Johnny forced himself to stop laughing and pulled in a deep breath. "Because I was just out there a few minutes ago with Carey, and then Ginny showed up."

Uh oh. I could just imagine what had happened. She probably saw Johnny and Carey making out and blew her top, or at least tried to jump in right between them. She was watching me with her yellow cat eyes, just waiting to hear what I had to say.

"I saw Carey a few minutes ago," I told them. "He just about attacked Braden. It was like they were on Times Square on New Year's Eve. I thought they were gonna kiss."