16: BOYBECUE (JOHNNY)

PHOTO above - Carey

PHOTO above - Carey

Carey was sitting on the picnic table when I came back outside. I had showered and put on fresh clothes, shorts and a tank top, and I had three more tanks for the other guys. Enough already of this just-too-sexy-for-a-barbecue meat market.

"Dude!" Carey exclaimed, jumping off the table with a big grin.

I threw one of the tanks at him. "Put this on, show-off. Make yourself decent."

He caught it and frowned. "Whaddaya mean? You don't like this hot bod?"

I turned away from him and went over to the grill. The charcoals were just right. Time to cook the burgers.

"I like it a whole lot too much," I grumbled. "Cover it the fuck up already."

I took the meat patties out of the cooler and started unwrapping the foil. "And why didn't you go up to Spirit Rock with Jason and Corey?"

I heard him walk up behind me. "Because I'm sure they wanted to be alone. Like I want to be alone with you."

I turned to tell him to back off, to keep away from me and let me cook, but he'd put the tank top on. It was gray and said OHIO STATE SWIM TEAM on it in red letters. I'd bought it at the thrift store down on the square. It was nicely worn and fit him perfectly, just snug enough around the chest and hanging loosely down to his brief tops.

Like with Jason, it was so damn sexy to see Carey in my shirt. I had to turn back away and almost dropped the burgers. I slapped the pack of them onto the wooden work area on the side of the grill.

I said, "Dude, I have to cook. We're growing jocks. We need to eat."

"Right," he grunted back. "And that big load you just blew in your pants was full of protein. I sure could've used that, Johnny."

I was embarrassed and pissed off and he knew it, but he didn't care. He wanted me. I had to remind myself that he was my guest. I was his host. And, of course, that I wanted him too, just as much as he wanted me.

"Listen, bud." I was using a spatula to lift and place the patties on the grill. "Don't take another step closer, okay? Let me get these burgers going and then we can ... talk."

"Talk?" He laughed at me with an impatient groan. But he stayed where he was. "Who the fuck wants to talk? I want to hold you in my arms, Johnny, and kiss you. Corey's the only dude I've ever been with, and that's only because how we were born and grew up together. You're the one who's been my secret crush ever since I can remember. Every time I'd see you in the shower room at school I'd get so fucking turned on I'd have to run home after classes and whack off."

He was quiet for a moment, then, "Jeezus, Johnny, I wanna know what it's like to be with the hunk of my dreams."

I placed the last burger on the grill. I couldn't help the laughter on my face and was glad he couldn't see it. "Can't you wait a fucking minute or two?"