45: NIGHT OF MY LIFE (JOHNNY)

Video above - NIGHT OF YOUR LIFE ... anthemic techno trance remix

More excitement for Johnny at Xanadude!

And the beat thumped on ...

I knew there were guys who went to the dance clubs every night of the week, or at least spent more nights at them than not. I could understand the allure – the wild setting, the dance itself, the hunky guys and constant cruising, the drugs, the fooling around in the johns and the dark rooms in back, and the endless thumping of the music, most of which you hear everyplace else you go but not on dance club DJ steroids.

Channing and I went back out to the dance floor. No doubt about it, we were totally knocked out by each other. A million troubling thoughts were swirling in my mind, but I wouldn't let myself give any of them a moment's consideration. I knew I was probably just being an immature jerk to think that at seventeen Jason and I were in love forever and nobody else could ever get between us.

Fuck. The day after we got together we'd already started fooling around with other dudes. And now, only a week later, we each had dates with other guys. And I was completely, totally, bangin'-my-head-on-the-wall in love with mine.

Channing was pulling me through the throng now, and he stopped to shout in my ear as he pointed across the crowded floor to Hal the cameraman. "I gotta stay away from him. I can't be seen on TV in a gay club. My dad would throw me out of the house."

"He's not filming now," I said, pushing him on, pressing against him tighter than I needed to so I could feel him all up again. "Let's join them and I'll tell him to keep you out of the pictures."

A table had been pulled up next to the dance floor and Ethan and Ennis were sitting at it with Daniel, Linda and Hal, and Ernie and Shondo. There was a big leather dude bouncer standing at each end, their grim expressions keeping the crowd at bay.

They all greeted us enthusiastically as we joined them and sat down. Ennis poured us glasses of champagne as I introduced Channing to the others.

"He's my date for tonight," I added, for the benefit of the brothers and CNN.

"Date?" Ethan almost choked on his champagne. "I thought you and Jason were together. Partners."

"We are. But our lives have been so crazy lately we both ended up with dates tonight."

Channing grinned and took a sip of his drink. "I'm a Jacey fanboy and I wrote to Jason and begged him for a date with Johnny."

"And I'm totally in love with him already," I tossed in. "Just what I needed to make my life more complicated, huh?"

Linda flapped a hand at us. "Everybody should have such complications."

We all laughed at that and Daniel added, "Complicated maybe, but I told you it could turn out to be very interesting."