achilles' gym shorts

a/n : NO knowledge or understanding of the iliad or its characters is needed to read this work. if you know absolutely nothing, just view it as a normal "boyxboy" book. quotes from the iliad will be put before each chapter (not all quotes go along with the character assigned to each chapter), but they will be understandable from an outside view !! some chapters might have outside quotes that just relate to the chapters (those will be cited.) character pictures & other media will occur in each chapter. the names of the characters going along with the picture will be put before the quote.
- all author's notes from here on out will be at the end of each chapter !!
- set in a current year high school au
- bi achilles & patroclus, please don't fight me on this, just let it be
- songs will accompany each chapter, and an 8tracks playlist will be attempted to be made in due time
- the movie "troy" doesn't depict these characters accurately so don't use that as a basis for this story aight.

                                                                                                  _____

greek tragedy - the wombats

a c h i l l e s
" did i bring one ray of hope to my patroclus "

"I don't think I need to cut any of it," Achilles huffed, looking into the bathroom mirror. Patroclus looked at him, raising his eyebrows. He'd been sitting on the toilet, listening to his best friend complain about cutting his hair.

"Maybe just a little?" Patroclus suggested, earning a glare from the blond boy.

"C'mon, Pat! Man buns are, like, a thing now! My mom should be happy I'm with the fashion trends!"

Patroclus rolled his eyes. "But you barely ever wear your hair up. Just cut some off to make her happy, you look fine with shorter hair. Plus, it'd just be at your ears."

Achilles grabbed the scissors he'd gotten from the kitchen. Because he refused to let anyone besides himself cut his hair. "Whatever. Just know that when we go back to school, everyone will be like 'Oh, Achilles! Your beautiful hair!' and it'll be your fault."

"Why mine?"

"Because you're supposed to help me but no you're siding with my mother," Achilles said dramatically, bringing the scissors up to his blond hair, cutting a portion off. He made a pained face. "Oh Jesus, here we go."

"Don't be a crybaby, it's not like you're dying," Patroclus rolled his eyes, watching Achilles cutting his hair over the sink, looking like he had a severe case of constipation. "I think it looks good."

"You once told me those jeans looked good," Achilles looked over at the brunette, "and my date left the restaurant when it sat down."

Patroclus let out a laugh. "Well, maybe we had different tastes."

"Mhm, well she didn't appreciate them as much as you did."

Patroclus watched the blond hair fall into the sink, one of the many prides of Achilles. The others being how fast he could run and the amount of people he'd kissed. Of course, when Achilles' mom told him to get his hair cut, the boy threw a tantrum basically. But since his mom was the epitome of some suburban house mom, she made sure he obeyed.

"This is dumb," Achilles grumbled. Patroclus looked up from the sink.

"Shut up, it looks fine," he replied, rolling his eyes again. He'd already spent the entire morning of his last Saturday before school started with Achilles, mainly watching him come up with arguments against his mom in the mirror. "Hurry up so I can get back home and clean my car because someone spilled their milkshake on the passenger seat."