timor

mama's gun - glass animals
dulce ex asperis - sweetness out of pain

Patroclus placed his car in park, leaning back in he driver's seat, looking over to the passenger's seat. "If he tries anything, you know we got this, right?"

Achilles laughed, "Have you seen me? I always got this."

Patroclus ran a hand through Achilles' hair, looking at him. He gave him a small smile. Because, as much as he loved Achilles and loved his gusto, he knew that the blond was about to lose all of his shit. At this point, the teachers all thought the kids were wither insane or high (maybe both), and parents abided by the "what happens at school is none of my business" rule. Especially Pat's.

Patroclus turned his keys to stop the engine. "Just don't do anything stupid."

"You really think so little of me!" Achilles scoffed, getting out of the car, "I'm a little offended, babe."

"Last night you came up with a flamethrower diagram, and you're not Elon Musk, so stop," Pat rolled his eyes, coming around the car to meet Achilles. "Briseis! Come tell Achilles to not be stupid!"

Briseis turned around in the parking lot, fixing her lipstick in the reflection of Ag's rear window. "What?"

"If Ag walks out of that car right now I'm gonna - Jesus Christ Briseis are you kidding me?" Achilles rubbed his hand down his face, sighing. "And Pat is over here telling me to not make bad decisions."

"You're just jealous," Ag smirked, walking beside Achilles towards the entrance doors.

"Of what, your overly sized ego and sub-par crotch region? No thanks. Also, if you hurt her I will not hesitate to stab you in Physics."

Briseis draped her arms around Achilles and Ag's shoulders. "If you two are done flirting, we have a bigger problem on our hands. Paris posted some shit onto his Snapchat last night... which included not only cocky threats to Menelaus but also had Helen's butt in a picture."

"Can you please control her because I just can't - HELEN GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!" Achilles yelling across the commons wasn't something new, so nobody turned heads except for Helen, who was on her way to the bathroom. "DON'T IGNORE ME!"

Helen walked over, annoyed that Achilles had taken away from her time of peace before the day succeeding the night before. "What do you want?"

"Why did you go back to Paris? You're making this shit storm bigger than it has to be."

"I can do what I want, this is 2018, not 1970."

"Tell that to Pat's wardrobe. But that's not the point - your boy toy has his brother out to actually commit murder so... hey if you wanna stop that, that could be cool?" Achilles watched as Helen rolled her eyes. "Can you take me seriously? Pat got beat up!"

"Do we have an issue here?" a deep voice came behind Achilles, making everyone turn to face it.

"No sir, we were just discussing current events," Achilles tried his best to bite back some remark about the gym teacher's affair with the cosmetology teacher. It's not like Mr. A hit it very well, the fact that he was blatantly having sex with Mrs. Dite was not beyond anyone with eyes. How her husband was still with her was beyond anyone.

"Uh, Mr. A, are you still having us do laps today in - "

"Of course, Mr. Mycenae, do you expect a free day?" Mr. A cut Agamemnon off, raising his eyebrows. Somehow the school managed to get the most muscly, douchey, cliche football coach they could find. Which resulted in him also being the boys' gym teacher, in turn making Patroclus' freshman year a living hell of boys in booty shorts and a teacher who made him do pushups every day.

"No sir."

"Mr. A! Was wondering if I could come in a period early to warm up?" Hector gave the coach a fist bump, while simultaneously giving everyone in the circle a cold glare.

"Of course Hector, go ahead. I have to go open the gym, but if I hear you yelling anymore, you know what that means," he said, pointing at Achilles, walking away.

"I really don't," Achilles whispered to Patroclus. "Can you get the hell away from us?" he directed this next comment to the boy who had just joined the group. Patroclus dug and elbo into the blond's side, which didn't really do much.

"You really wanna pick a fight this early?" Hector came back, taking a step closer in the circle. Agamemnon tensed, while Briseis kept Helen from saying anything else that would get her smacked across the face.

Achilles didn't step closer. He didn't blink. He didn't move his arms or hands.

"If you touch anyone I love every again, I won't hesitate to tie you to the back of a car bumper and drag you through the parking lot. You can fight me, and you can threaten me, and play teachers' pet, but if you touch anyone else I will show you hell," Achilles didn't hesitate, connecting his eyes to Hector's. Hector looked to the side for a second, then back up.

"You fucking around like this isn't helping you, you know that?"

"You pretending to be the big dog isn't helping you, you know that?" Achilles shot back, taking a step forward, despite Patroclus trying to hold him back. At this point there was a crowd gathering, and last time this happened, it wasn't pretty. But teenagers thrive on the violence of their peers, so it wasn't surprising.

"I'm not gonna hurt you. Don't fuck with me. I'll rip your liver out if you hurt my boy again, and you can take that to heart," Achilles said quietly, backing up again. Hector stood still, his face slightly pale from Achilles' threat. The crowd moved aside as Achilles grabbed Patroclus' arm and started to walk off, the first period bell ringing. "See what happens, asshole!"

Achilles yelled out to Hector, not caring what teacher heard, his middle finger facing behind him.

________________________________________________________________

a/n: been a minute! i'm sorry. school was so busy and life got a little. i'm really gonna try and work on this this summer, along with my other stuff. stay with me!!! also this is #1 in patrochilles i'm!!! thank y'all so much !!