"it was your hair."

ribs - lorde

b r i s e i s
" patroclus ... i will never forget him. "

"You have, like, a bajillion commas missing," Patroclus looked over at Achilles. Achilles swallowed his bite of pizza.

"That's why you're proof reading it."

"Okay, but, did you even try on this? Jesus, Achilles, you can't use the word dick in this," Patrcolus tapped the 'delete' button on Achilles' laptop. "I'm done, you can proofread your own paper."

"Aw come on, Pat, please," Achilles pouted at his best friend. Patroclus ran a hand through his dark hair, rolling his eyes.

"Fine," he grabbed the laptop again, "why am I doing this?"

Achilles moved his body next to Patrolcus', looking at the laptop screen. "Because you love me. Oh come on, I can put that in there!"

"You can't talk about anal sex in a school paper."

"I'm thinking outside of the box," Achilles shrugged. Patroclus rolled his eyes again, grabbing a slice of pizza and biting into it.

This is what most days after school were like. Patroclus helped Achilles with his homework; Achilles made sure he had every TV show they liked to watch together recorded and up to date on his DVR. It'd always been that way. Patroclus knew how to work English papers and Achilles knew how to woo the cheerleading team.

Patroclus wasn't ever really sure how the two of them got along so well, since everyone knew Achilles and he was just known by association, but apparently Achilles also liked the stars and Modern Family.

"All you need to do is footnote this, and then you're set," Patroclus pointed at the screen, eating another bite of pizza.

"You're a life saver," Achilles stated, taking the laptop and typing on the keyboard.

"Mhm, remember that when you eat all of my food from my house," Patroclus watched as Achilles closed the laptop, getting up from the bed and stretching.

"C'mon, let's watch TV. I'm tired and my mom is working late tonight," Achilles turned to look at Patroclus. Patroclus groaned, sliding off the bed, grabbing the pizza box in his arms.

"That was such a fuckboy comment," Patroclus said, following the blond boy into the living room. He could tell Achilles was rolling his eyes at him.

"Shut up. I'm not a fuckboy. I'm a gentleman."

Patroclus sat back on the couch, crossing his legs. "You tried bringing up anal in your school paper."

"It's an important topic!" Achilles defended, reaching into the pizza box and turning on the TV.

"Alright, alright, next time don't ask me to edit your paper and you can keep in your preferred subjects."

Achilles draped his long legs over Patroclus' lap, shoving a piece of pizza into his mouth. "You like them."

Patroclus looked fled at the blond boy. "Oh, sure. Turn on a good show before I take all the pizza away from you."

- - -

It'd always been this way, Achilles was the golden boy, the boy with everything from golden hair to a golden smile. Patroclus was famous by association, he found Achilles too funny and gave him homework answers. Patroclus turned his head to look at Achilles' sleeping body beside him in the bed. He shouldn't find Achilles' eyelashes that pretty. His lips shouldn't be that nice to his eyes. They'd slept over in each other's bed for years. Patroclus has seen Achilles re-wear the same shirt, spill his morning coffee, and swear at his dog.