he likes that

favourite colour - carly rae jepsen

o d y s s e u s
" ad idem - of one mind "

Patroclus rolled over in the bed, the morning sunlight coming into the room and making it impossible for him to stay asleep. Achilles was, however, still very much asleep, his head buried in the pillow and his arms spread out in opposite directions. Patroclus nudged his back with a hand, attempting to wake the other boy up. Achilles groaned, burying his head even farther into the pillow.

"We have school, you have to get - " Patroclus started to argue, but Achilles had turned over, grabbing the dark haired boy and pulling him closer, looking at him.

"It's too cold outside," Achilles' tired voice said.

"It's September. You'll be okay."

"Sixty degrees means I could be warmer in my bed."

Patroclus pushed himself away, standing up out of the bed and looking down at Achilles. "Get your ass up, I have a test today."

"No need to curse, for fuck's sake," Achilles laughed, getting out of bed and being hit by Patroclus.

- - -

"It won't be long, c'mon," Achilles stood there, holding both of Patroclus' hands and trying to drag him out to the track. Patroclus stood there with a blank look on his face.

"It's an hour and a half long."

"Penelope will be there, you can talk to her!"

Patroclus sighed. "Penelope gave me a whole box of condoms for my birthday last year, but whatever."

Achilles smiled, walking toward the field with Patroclus. He leaned in close to the other boy's ear, "I mean, we can always put those condoms to use if you want - "

"Now's not the time for you to be horny. Hey Penelope!"

A tall girl stood up in the bleachers, smiling and waving at the two boys. Achilles laughed as he ran off to the track and Patroclus made his way up to the girl.

"I was afraid you wouldn't come! Sit here," she said, moving her backpack and a bottle of Gatorade out of the way. "So, have you two put those condoms to use yet?"

Patroclus choked on his spit, "Ah, what?"

Penelope opened her Gatorade. "You and Achilles," she said pointing down to the track where the track team were stretching.

"Oh, no, no."

"Really?"

"Really."

"So you two aren't dating?"

"Well, we're - um, I don't - maybe?" Patroclus stuttered out, looking down at his shoes and then up again. He was pretty sure they were, what 'friends' kiss each other twice and confess that hey love everything about each other? Penelope and Odyesseus did those things and they were definitely passed the friendship mark in their relationship together.

"Maybe?" Penelope laughed, watching Patroclus blush. "He's, like, totally head over heels for you. He'd kill for you."

"I don't think he'd - "