break down those walls

tongue tied - grouplove

p a r i s
" patroclus ... i will never forget him "

"Come on, Pat, we're gonna be late for fifth - goddammit, Paris, move out of the way!" Achilles snapped, maneuvering around the boy in the middle of the hallway, his cellphone up to his ear (because, face it, nobody at the school gave two shits and his dad was rich.)

Paris responded by flipping off Achilles, and Patroclus stopped Achilles from saying something that could harm him by mouthing "I'm sorry" to Paris. Patroclus looked over at the blond as they rushed down the hallway. "You need to watch your mouth."

Achilles laughed, entering the classroom. Of course Mrs. Dite wasn't there on time. "You sound like my mother."

"You talking about your dirty mouth again?" Odysseus asked, looking up from the book he was reading. Achilles set his textbook down, sighing.

"You and Pat! Hey, Sarpedon, my vocabulary is fine, right?" Achilles called over to a boy on the other side of the room. His head snapped up.

"Yeah. Totally fine!"

"See," Achilles said, watching Patroclus roll his eyes.

"Sarpedon's dad is like the biggest jerk in the world. He doesn't count to be asked for opinions."

"You're an asshole," Achilles attempted at a comeback. Patroclus gave him a confused look and Odysseus laughed.

"You tried."

Achilles was going to spit out some other snappy and innuendo filled comeback, but the sound of the door closing made him sit down at his desk, frowning at his best friend. Mrs. Dite set her stack of papers on her desk, looking around at the class.

"Class, today you're going to be doing any homework from any other classes because - "

"Ahem," a voice came from the class. Mrs. Dite rubbed her temple, slowly looking up at a blonde boy raising his hand.

"Yes, Achilles?"

"Could the reason for you not teaching today have to do with previous extra curricular activities?" Achilles' eyes flicked quickly down to the teacher's chest. She looked down, finding an undone button. She gave Achilles a blank look, and without a word, walked out of the class.

Patroclus looked over at his best friend. "You think her husband knows?"

"She's not subtle." Achilles pulled out a pencil and opened one of his textbooks. "Of course her husband knows."

- - -

"I'm not sure if your mom really likes me," Patroclus said, sitting down on Achilles bed. Achilles looked at the boy beside him.

"Why do you say that?"

Patroclus laughed a little, handing the blond boy a poptart. "'Oh, Patroclus, you're staying another night?'"

"That's a shitty impression of my mom. Add more New York accent. And hey, my dad loves you, if that makes you feel better."