achilles shouldn't dress himself

classy girls - the lumineers

h e l e n
"the madness of love is the greatest of heaven's blessings." - plato

Patroclus was frozen in place, his eyes darting from Achilles' lips to Achilles' eyes.

"I - I - " Patroclus couldn't finish his sentence, mostly because he didn't know what to say. Because what are you supposed to say after you spontaneously kiss your best friend?

"Pat, Pat - " Achilles tried to comfort Patroclus, who was currently getting off the bed and trying to exit the room. He fumbled with the door knob, opening the door and making his way into the hallway bathroom. He closed the door, locking it and sitting on the floor.

"You just took a fucking wrecking ball to those walls."

Patroclus heard Achilles laugh a bit from the other side of the door. "Language."

"What'd we just do?" Patroclus didn't want to cry.

Because there was a reason he barely kissed anyone. He didn't want to kiss someone, know what their lips tasted like, and then know that they didn't actually like him.

"We kissed," Achilles replied, slipping his fingers underneath the door, sitting down beside the door. Patroclus looked at the fingers.

"I don't, I don't like kissing people if - if they - I'm just careful," Patroclus said, really not wanting to tear up but here he was. Tearing up.

"I know, Pat, I know. Come out, we need to sleep."

"I don't - "

"Pat, c'mon. I'll get ice cream and we can eat it out of the tub."

Patroclus opened the door, standing up and looking at the blond. "A fucking wrecking ball."

Achilles smiled. "I know."

Patroclus started walking towards the kitchen, looking behind him at Achilles. "Never said I didn't like it, though."

Achilles poked Patroclus' side. "Oh didn't you?"

Patroclus blushed, opening the freezer, grabbing the tub of ice cream. "Yeah, yeah, smirk it up."

"I will."

- - -

"Get your ass out of bed, we're gonna be late."

Patroclus raised his head from the pillow, looking up at his best friend, who was holding a toothbrush and frowning.

"It's thirty minutes before we usually -"

"But we need to get there early so I can catch up on this whole 'Menelaus being pissed at Paris' drama. And also ask Mr. Janus if he can bump my C up to a B in Calculus."

Patroclus sat up, running his hands through his hair. And Achilles had to start making his way back to the bathroom because Patroclus should not make his stomach do that nor make him want to give birth to a thousand and one butterflies.

Nerves. It was nerves.

"I hate you for this," came Pat's sleepy voice from down the hall. Achilles should've came back at it with some snappy comment, but he realized how deep the brunette's voice was and what made him think like this? "I'm gonna wear your green sweater and you can't stop me."