Chapter 1: A New Lease Of Life

*Hunter*

I feel weird. It seems like something is not right in my body. I feel cold. I feel my gums aching. And most of all, I cant feel my heart beating. I woke up. My pupils immediately dilated due to sensitivity to light. After getting my sense back, I sat up. I'm in my room. The grey walls which appeared to be darker than before, suddenly felt like it was closing up on me. Little noises buzzed in my ear and I cant seem to shut them out. I went into my bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I stared at my reflection. There weren't any significant changes except that I looked slightly paler than before and my eyes seemed to have a tint of red in it. I closed my eyes and suddenly felt a sharp pain clawing at the base of my throat. I opened my eyes to see that my eyes have turned completely black and the whites of my eyes were now red. My fangs were elongated and they poked through my lips. I realised that this was bloodlust. The bloodlust that have driven many over the edge as they could not stand the raw thirst until they finally get a taste of that dark rich liquid.

I splashed water on my face, refusing to look at the monstrosity staring back at me seconds ago. I gasped in pain. The clawing seemed to have increased and I can't breathe. I clutched at my throat and tried to stand up. Only to hunch and hiss in pain at the gnawing thirst for blood. "Hey Hunter, how are you fee-, Oh God!" My cousin, Dominic Grayson, rushed to my side with a packet of dark red liquid in his hands. Blood. My vampire instincts told me that only the dark red liquid in my cousin's hands can satisfy the raw thirst clawing in my throat. I growled and my fangs elongated, poking my lips in the process. I tasted my own blood, but that's not enough, I needed more. I stared hard at the packet in my cousin's hands and hissed in pain yet again.

"Relax, this is for you. You need human blood to complete the transition. Here, drink up" Dominic shoved the packet under my nose and the sweet scent of the blood flooded my senses. Without a second thought, I snatched the packet from his hands and bit my fangs through the thin sheet of plastic. Soon enough, warm rich blood filled my mouth. I sucked harder, urging to get as much blood into my mouth as possible. Within seconds, the plastic became empty and I threw it aside. Now the thirst became even more increasingly unbearable, it clawed at my throat yet again. I clutched my throat and growled: "I need more blood. This is hurting me."

"The thirst is hard to manage at the start but you can't feed from the vein now, otherwise you'd lose control. Once your better, we will go out and hunt." Dominic said and walked out of my room. I sat at the edge of my bed and clutched at my throat, willing the pain to go away. I screamed and fight the urge to just jump out of my bedroom window and start biting into people's neck. I'm a vampire now. I can't even believe it myself. Just yesterday I was still human and only cared about texting and eating all the delicacies in the world yet now, blood is all I wanted, its all I craved for. Unable to withstand the pain anymore, I walked out of my room and bumped into the servant.

My sight redden and I could feel my fangs lengthened. I could smell the scent of her blood and the steady pumping of it flowing through her tiny little veins. She stared at me dazed, "do you need anything sir?" I smiled at her, my fangs on full display which didn't seem to faze her at all. All the servants in our house were also our blood donors. They were willing to donate a pint of their blood and be our human blood bag in exchange for money remitted to their families. We had agreed that we could not drain them fully and could only take a sizeable amount from them.

Unfortunately for me, the thirst was getting too much for me to bear and I am really in need of blood to satiate the pain. I looked into her eyes and said :"Yes, I need your blood." She rolled up her sleeve and stretched out her exposed wrist to me, signalling that she was ready for me. I shake my head and walked closer to her. She backed up against the wall and her eyes pleaded for mercy as she stared at me. "I'm sorry Anna." was all I said before I pinned her against the wall and snapped her neck to the side and sang my fangs in. The warm thick and rich blood filled my mouth once again and I angled her head further so that I can sink my fangs in deeper. The liquid soothed my throat and it eased the gnawing pain at my throat.

I was at the stage where I had completely lost control and I wanted more. She screamed and writhed under my hold and tried to escape but I pinned her harder against the wall. All of a sudden I felt myself being forcefully pulled away from her neck and pinned against the wall by Dominic. "What were you doing?" he hissed at me. Before I could respond, my father appeared and looked into Anna's eyes and said "You will forget everything that just happened and will not tell anyone about it." with that Anna nodded and scurried away.

Oh yeah, compulsion. I forgot about that. If I only had compelled her to shut up, I would've drained her dry by now. Dominic loosened his grip on me and pushed me towards my father's office. My father sat down behind his desk and stared at me. " You clearly lost control. You are not supposed to feed until tomorrow. Dominic, please take care of him and ensure that he will not be causing any trouble in school." Dominic nodded and dragged me out of the room. "I had no choice but to feed. I can't breathe." I defended myself. "Its hard, suck it up. It will get better. Will teach you how to control it when we head out tomorrow." Dominic replied and walked off to his room which is at the other side of the mansion from my room.