Chapter 3: Breakfast?

*Hunter*

I felt a stinging sensation on my left arm. I woke up to the sight of my arm burning. Pus oozed out of the burnt flesh and the enitre room stenched of the horrid smell. Thats when I realise the source of the  problem. Sunlight.

I snatched my arm away from the warm light entering through the window. With a flash, I was at the other side of my room, away from the window. "Damn it, I should have drawn the blinds last night." I muttered under my breath.

A sharp rap on the door caught my attention. Dominic entered my room and saw my burnt arm that was already healing and smirked at me. "Figured you've woken up by now. Here"

He tossed a ring at me and I caught it. I looked at it and saw that it had a green gemstone streaked with red being encrusted on the silver band. I raised an eyebrow at Dominic, "The hell is this?" 

"Its a daylight ring. The gemstone has your grandfather's blood in it. It gives you the ability to walk in sunlight without burning into a bloody mess. Each of us has the same ring too, except that the gemstones were picked according to our birth month." he replied.

I glanced at my ring and realised that it was a bloodstone. The birth stone of the month that I was born in, March. I slid the ring into my left middle finger and noticed that Dominic had one on his left middle finger too. His was a blue stone, my guess was a sapphire as he was born in the month of September. 

"Come on, lets teach you how to hunt." Dominic said and I nodded. We went out to the garage in the back of the mansion and got into Dominic's Mercedes Compressor. He started driving and 15 minutes later we arrived at a prestigious looking building surrounded by white fences. The entrance was guarded by two burly looking security guards. I couldn't help but think of the blood flowing in their veins and how easy it was for me to snap their necks despite how heavy they looked. I looked away from them and spotted a big sign at the entrance that says: WELCOME TO WELFORD HIGH.

"Didn't you say we were going hunting?" I asked Dominic. "Yeah, after we register you in this prestige school then we'll have breakfast." he replied with a mischievous glint in his eyes and his lips pulled into a smirk before walking towards the security guards. By the term 'breakfast', I'm guessing its not gonna be all eggs and toast. 

I followed him and the security guards pointed towards a office in sight without even questioning us. Dominic had obviously compelled them to let us in. We walked into the office and saw a lady busy sorting out all the messy paperworks on the desk. She had long brown wavy hair and her tank top was clearly too tight for her. She looked up and her blue eyes scanned us from head to toe.

She plastered on a smile and asked if theres anything we need. Dominic nudged me and whispered "Train your compulsion, try compelling her to let you be a student." I looked at him with an eyebrow raised. Are you serious? 

I walked over to her and bent down so that my eyes were levelled with hers. I smirked at her and looked into her blue eyeballs, "You will let me register into Welford and do not question why." She nodded slowly, in a dazed, she handed me a clipboard. "Sure, fill in the registration form and you can start next Monday." I looked at Dominic and he grinned at me giving me two thumbs up. I rolled my eyes and quickly filled in the details before signing and passing the clipboard back to her. 

She passed me my schedule and we headed out. We got back into the car and Dominic started driving. We arrived at a amusement park and Dominic parked the car at the parking lot. We got out, "Cool place to start with eh?" I commented. Dominic shrugged and we walked to where the haunted house was located. We went to the back of the house and saw a couple making out. I cleared my throat and the couple pulled back, looking startled. The thought of blood had my mind fogged and the thirst was back. Clawing at the base of my throat yet again. 

 Without a second thought, I pinned the guy against the backdoor and looked into his eyes, "Don't scream." I snapped his neck to the side and sang my fangs into his neck. The warm liquid filled my mouth and the familiar taste of iron lingered on my tongue. The girl screamed and Dominic covered her mouth before compelling her to forget everything and go home. I continued sucking,  drawing more blood into my mouth. I feel complete. I feel powerful. The blood made me feel light headed and I grinned against his neck and pinned him tighter against the door. 

"Hunter, you're gonna kill him. Thats enough." Dominic warned. But I didn't care. I didn't care if he died. I wanted more. I don't want to stop. I want this. 

I felt a hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off. Again, I was pulled away from his neck and thrown to the ground. I glared up at Dominic as he compelled him to forget what had just happened and told him to go home. 

"Was that necessary?" I glared at him. "Yes, you were losing control. And your Dad had specifically told me to help you from losing control." He retorted and tilted his neck, indicating to what just happened a moment ago. I rolled my eyes and walked off. 

"Come on, lets try again later tonight." He said before dragging me towards the rollercoaster booth. 

~~~~~~

Author's note:

heyyo! I hope you guys like this chapter :) I will try my best to update as much as I can :)

xoxo

ZeeAnn :))