Chapter 13: The Date

THE NEXT DAY...

Discord woke up, finally it was his first day off.

Discord remembered that at 11:00 AM he was going to see Fluttershy. Discord smiled, sighed and in a low voice muttered "Fluttershy".

"Discord." Said Celestia, entering the library.

Discord was bothered by her presence and buried his face in his pillow.

"What's up Princess?" Said Discord trying to not show how much her presence bothered him and still having his face buried in the pillow. "It's Sunday."

"I know." Said Celestia standing next to Discord's bed. "I came here to give you something important."

Discord once again buried his face in the pillow.

"What's going on?" Asked Discord through the pillow, annoyed.

Celestia took out an envelope from her purse.

"Take it! It's yours." Said Celestia.

Discord removed the pillow from his face and looked at the envelope that Celestia was giving him.

Discord was confused but he took the envelope.

"What's in it?" Asked Discord. "Is it Anthrax?"

Celestia smacked Discord upside the head, annoyed by his comment.

"No stupid!" Snapped Celestia. "It's your pay."

"My pay?" Asked Discord looking at the envelope.

"I personally pay every employee once a week." Said Celestia.

Discord opened the envelope.

"Wow." Said Discord. "$150 dollars."

"Well, I know it's very little." Said Celestia a bit uncomfortable. "But in time you will have a normal salary."

Discord's eyes gleamed, he felt like a millionaire.

"This is awesome!" Said Discord with emotion. "It will be very useful for today."

Celestia didn't know what he was getting at, but she didn't ask any questions.

"Ok Discord." Said Celestia. "I'll see you on Monday."

Celestia left the building with no problem and with no hesitation.

Discord got up and waited for Celestia to be completely gone. He looked at the clock and saw that it was 9:12 AM. He knew he did not have much time.

He got nervous because he didn't know what to do. Discord didn't even know where to begin when it came to a date. He'd never been on one.

He remembered Fluttershy's face and his heart beat faster, but he also felt very insecure, he had less than two hours to get ready.

Without wasting anymore time, he turned on one of the library's computers and got online. He Google searched: "How to have the best date in the world."

He clicked on the first tab that read: "For dummies"

Discord was a bit offended by the for dummies part, but he really didn't know what else to do.

He skimmed through the page and read only the important details:

"Dress up."

"Give her a meaningful gift."

"Take her to places that she would enjoy."

"Listen to her."

Discord thought about it for a moment.