A request

My mom held my hands and indicated me to sit next to her....she looked disturbed ...something was bothering her ...cancer had totally eaten up beauty..dark circles covered her pretty eyes, but she manages to hide her pain under smile.....my parents are divorced...it was tough time for mom..i didn't have job at that time, i was still studying.dad didnt help us at that time but after i got a job, i pay the bills myself...thanks to my job as P.O in one of the best bank of Delhi , i get 85% hospital bills covered under bank policy..so i just have to pay 15% of them...!

Mom spoke,"son, doctor's told that my cancer is worsening from time to time, maybe i won't see the next year-"

I cut her short, "mom, please don't say stuffs like that!"...

"I know son, it hurts you a lot but ignoring this fact won't stop it from happening...i just have a wish....will you fulfil it?"

"Ya, mom anything for you"...

" Well, i want to see you settled before i die, i want to select a girl for you, and see you getting married, i want to fulfil all the rituals of your marriage"...

Marriage?...it was a tough decision for me...but then i looked at mom...what if she really leaves me...what if she wont be there on the most beautiful day of my life?...no...i can't let this happen...

I took a deep brethe, cleared my voice, "mom, umm....i am ready.."

Mom smile , it was one of her brightest smile...she cuped my face, and kissed my forehead....i hugged my mom, back....tears rolled down my cheeks...my looked at my mom, her eyes were wet too...

"Son, i have already selected a bride for you!" My mom spoke cheerfully...

"Who?..."

"Its none, other than, Rhea!"