4

Their dance turned out to be nothing like I had expected it to be. It was a phenomenal dance aside from the fact that Artem had to do a lot of lifts where he had to touch her inappropriately, but who cares, it's just a dance and he is a great professional.

Since I myself am a professional dancer, I happen to know a lot of people that work here at this particular studio and who are dancers as well. I walked over to the producers office to say hello to everyone and they were ecstatic to see me.

"Emma Scott!" They said not believing that I was standing before them. I knew almost everyone in the room and they were so happy to see me.

"Scott-Chigvintsev." I corrected them smiling.

"Right, right, sorry." A man by the name of Jack stepped forward who was the main producer back on our show 10 years ago. "I take it you are here to visit your husband, it's just an honor to be in your presence after so many years."

"Thank you, sir." I smiled. "It feels good to be back here where it all started, before the show featured celebrities, I mean. And when Artem and I danced together."

"You came in second place." Jack spoke again reminding me of the sacrifice I had made, "the upset of the decade."

He did not have to remind me. Ten years ago was not only one of the best years of my life. It also holds a special place in my heart and my conscious because it began my downfall in competitive ballroom dancing. My world ranking in ballroom dance dropped because of the stunt that we pulled off to ensure that Maks and Peta win the championship. Ever since then no one has looked at me like they used to. I toured with Maks' dance show for a few seasons and then decided to take some time off to start a family and open my own studio while letting Artem continue to do his thing.

"After all these years do you regret it?" He asked me sincerely, pulling me off to the side.

I shook my head no. "It was something that I had to do, for a friend." I took a deep breath after noticing him nod. "besides, time apart has also given me two beautiful little boys who I love more than anything in the world."

"Would you ever think about redoing that dance, live on Monday night... I mean, since you are here.. It could really boost our ratings and show the world how great you are."

"Sir, I don't know.. I.. We have two days..."

"I'm sure you have the dance memorized. It has probably been running through your mind for ten years, so see what you can do. I will have it arranged to be our opening number."

"Sir.." I said in disbelief.

"See you on Sunday for the dress rehearsal, we still have your costumes somewhere around here." He winked.

I took a few deep breaths as I walked down the hallway back to Artem, Janel and the boys. I stopped and looked around to make sure I was alone and I broke out into dance right there in the middle of the hallway.

I didn't show it before when I was talking to Jack, but this is the most exciting news I have ever been given. As long as I get Artem on board, which shouldn't be hard, I will do the dance the justice it deserves, and maybe somewhere Maks will be watching and nodding with approval.