5

After telling Artem about the do-over dance, he became very excited for Monday night.

"Do you remember the steps?" He asked me as we sat on the back patio of our home here in LA, Artem still owns it after about 14 years even though our permanent residence is in New York.

"Of course I do." I smiled "Artem, I have never been more excited for anything, honestly, to recreate that iconic dance, to get it right this time, like we should have the first time it's going to memorable."

"Have you told Peta?" He said giving me a look.

"Oh no!" I said "maybe she will be upset, maybe she doesn't want to relive that moment."

"Talk to her." He kissed me on the cheek and went inside to play with the boys before its time to tuck them in. I stayed outside and paced back and forth. I was thinking about a lot of things; the dance, the crowds reactions, Peta, and more importantly Maks.

I have no idea where he is in the world right now and anytime I have called him he hasn't answered. I never even have the sense of security that he is ok. When the occasional postcard arrives to the boys he always leaves me a note saying that he's ok, but that's not enough. I think that when Artem returns home after this season is over, I am going to find him and bring him home where he belongs.

My thoughts raced again and I landed on Peta. I thought I had better call her.

"Hello?" She answered

"Hey Peta."

"Hey what's up."

"I just wanted to run something by you, it doesn't feel right not to and I know you will find out tomorrow.."

"Is it about Maks?" She asked.

"No, why is there something wrong with him?"

"No, but he called me today, a few hours ago actually. I said Hello and I could hear him wanting to say something and then he hung up.."

"What!?" I said "did you call him back? Why didn't he call me?"

"I don't know Emma, it scared me because I don't have any interest in him and there he was contacting me.."

"Peta he could be seriously hurt! None of us know where he is or what's been happening in his life.." I panicked.

"Maybe you should worry about your boys and Artem, Maks will find his way.."

"I have to call him." I said about to hang up.

"Wait! Emma what was the news you had for me?" She asked.

"Oh. Yeah, Jack asked Artem and I to recreate our dance that we messed up in the finals 10 years ago and to perform it correctly on Monday night."

"Wow, what an honor." She sounded excited.

"I'll talk to you later." I panicked hurrying to hang up and dial Maks' number.

I called and his phone wasn't off, it rang and rang and rang and then abruptly stopped. I knew that he had ended the call, he didn't want to talk to me or hear what I had to say.

I took a few deep breaths, put on a happy mom face and went inside. After sitting down and watching Artem playing with the boys, he picked up a tired Vlad and I picked up a hyper little Alek and we carried them up to the spare bedroom and they got on their Pajamas.

"Goodnight babies" I smiled and kissed them each before putting the blanket over them and tucking them in.

"You two did good today." Artem said "lots more time in the studio tomorrow so get some sleep."

"I'm not sleepy!" Alek complained.

"Shhh, Alek first your afraid of the airplane and then you didn't want to dance at the studio and now you don't want to sleep." Vlad said

"What did I say about being nice?" Artem said "look, if you guys go to sleep now like you should, I will let you pick what you want for breakfast, none of that oatmeal with fruit that your mom makes, I will make yummy pancakes!"

"Cool!" Vlad shouted and Alek immediately closed his eyes.

I rolled my eyes, the boys deserve to have a treat even though I know that Artem himself can't stand pancakes.

We turned out the light and said goodnight to our boys one more time. I thought about telling Artem about Maks but quickly changed my mind and went to sleep. Tomorrow is another day.