16

Maks gave me space and went down to the lobby while I called home.

"Artem." I spoke, my voice beginning to quiver.

"Emma? Is everything okay? Did you land safely?" He asked with a worried tone present in his voice.

I walked out onto the balcony of our suite.

"Yeah we are here. Look.." I said beginning to get emotional, "coming here has opened a lot of old wounds in me and surprisingly hasn't made me an emotional wreck. I finally know where my heart has been all of these years." I began to cry.

After a few moments of silence Artem spoke, sounding like he was in pain but knew what I was trying to say.

"I will make this easier on you Emma." Artem said "I knew you would fall for him out there, I ruined our relationship and you have a reason to be with another man, a man that you love. If you are calling to tell me that you choose him, then we can deal with that when you get back, right now the boys and I are enjoying our time together... before things change within our family."

"I don't want to hurt you, or the boys." I started to cry.

"Please don't cry, I knew this was coming. You are forgetting that I have already hurt you. I ruined our marriage, Emma. I slept with Janel and not once thought about you and the boys until it was too late. You are thinking about them and care about letting me know and you are choosing to do this the right way. You deserve to be happy and I have come to terms with all of this."

"You are saying that you knew.." I didn't think he was going to be so okay with our marriage ending. "You knew I would choose Maks."

"Him and I have talked a lot lately about you and about your happiness and what is important for you right now and we decided it was up to you to choose, I hate that I have to admit this, but I believe that he has always loved you and had a stronger connection than I ever had with you."

I cried, "I do love you Artem."

"I know" he cried as well "I love you too Emma."

We sat in silence listening to the sniffles that were filling the empty air between our phones.

"I trust your decision and I hope your happiness continues, here I'll get the boys when you are ready." He said.

"Okay." I cried, then I remembered the paparazzi I had to warn Artem of what he may see as early as morning in New York.

"Wait." I said and then heard Vlads booming voice.

I talked to both boys who both were excited to tell me all about their day at the studio and when Maks returned to the room I broke down in his arms.

"Is everything okay?" He asked me "how did it go?"

"It was harder to talk to him than I thought it was going to be, but he said you both decided to let me choose.."

"Ahh." Maks said "Yes, that day I took him for a drive we talked, I confessed my love for you and he broke down and cried. Then I cried and he didn't hate me. He told me that you have always cared for me, and he remembered all the times that I was there for you when he wasn't, despite me running away from my feelings for so long. He knew that you would choose me."

"And did you know?" I asked stunned that my husband, who I thought was my best friend hadn't trusted our marriage. I don't blame him, I apparently wasn't someone who could be trusted. Here I am with another man, who I have loved for many years.

"I know that you love your boys, and want them to be happy in their home with both their parents, but you are too stubborn to think about your own happiness. I didn't know where that left us, but now that you and I have been intimate,  I want you to know that you can still change your mind. If you ever feel unhappy.."

I shut him up with a kiss, "I will never feel unhappy, as long as I have you." I breathed and he picked me up and kissed me against the wall.

"We can't do this again." He laughed

"Your right." I said, "we've waited so long to be together and I'm still a married woman, that's the only thing that still doesn't feel right.."

"So we won't do this anymore." He kissed me.

I looked into his eyes as we continued to kiss, unable to help ourselves.

"Maks." I said smiling "maybe.."

"One last time..?" He smiled knowing that we couldn't keep our hands off of eachother.

He laid me down on the bed and for the rest of the day we refused to get up for any reason.