6

The next few days were filled with fun and laughs, I didn't let anything ruin this trip and how fun it should be for the boys. Janel and I have become close, bonding over our love of designer clothes and shopping.

We were sitting in dress rehearsal the morning of the show and as we sat talking, I kept thinking about Maks. I couldn't figure out why he all of a sudden was calling Peta.

I was brought back to reality by Vlad and Alek arguing once again. Vlad doesn't understand that he and his brother are very different and that he can't yell at him so much.

"Vladimir!" I said "don't you love your baby brother? Knock it off"

"Yes." He said. "I'm sorry Alek."

"And Alek, could you apologize to your brother too. Say your sorry." I only asked this of him so that Vlad wouldn't feel like I always took Alek's side.

"Sorry, Vlad." He said cute and innocently.

Artem walked over about 20 minutes later to take the boys to get their little outfits on for the show. Maks' brother and our good friend Val is going to be here soon to sit with the boys when I have to leave and get ready for the opening number. I thought about asking him if he's heard from Maks but didn't want to worry him.

When they came back they looked so handsome! Janel took a photo of us and I knew that I would get it printed out and framed immediately after we get back home.

Before long the show was about to start. They boys love Val and were fine sitting with him and knew that they had to be quiet and on their best behavior.

Sitting in the red room backstage I felt many emotions. Everyone was coming up to me saying good luck and Artem was over in the corner getting in the zone. He was feeling the pressure of making sure nothing wrong happens this time.

"You're on in 2 minutes." A producer shouted. We ran into our positions and awaited the start of the music.

"This is fun." Artem smiled "Feels like just yesterday."

"Where did the time go?" I kissed him. "Ready?" I asked

"For 10 years." He kissed me back.

He grabbed my hand and right on cue the music began. We glided across the floor magically and didn't miss a beat or a step. I had pure emotion on my face for this was such a joyous experience. After the lift went perfectly smooth we gained momentum for the big finish. When the music stopped and we were in our final hold, the crowd erupted in cheers and applause. We did it, we showed the whole world that Emma Scott-Chigvintsev still has got it and that no one should forget her name.

My boys gave me hugs and kisses when I returned to the audience to watch the rest of the show and Val gave me a long hug before getting ready to go do a dance of his own.

Artem and Janel will be out to do their dance in 45 minutes and I finally am beyond excited for their dance. I just wish I was doing this one with him as well.

"Is it dads turn yet?" Vlad asked.

"Almost buddy." I said and before long it was. I pulled Alek into my lap and put my arm around Vlad. The music started and they began their dance on the small stage and did some grinding and things that I shook off but then when they came down onto the ballroom floor, everything slowly got more real. He was acting so careful and passionate with her and then when he song was over she pulled him in for a kiss. It took him 5 seconds to realize what was happening before pulling away and looking over to me.

I felt crushed. How could that have just happened, on national television. He might as well have cheated on me because that's what the headlines from the show will read tomorrow.

I felt like I was floating. I had the boys in my arms, Vlad looking confused and Alek smiling because he didn't realize what happened.

All of a sudden Val grabbed the boys and led them backstage and when the show went to commercial Artem yelled at Janel and ran over to me.